• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bronze opening portholes for E36C

Shearwater

Member I
Hi everyone, we are in need of replacing the acrylic portlights on our e36c shearwater, oh what fun. But in San Diego in the mooring field next to the Coronado Bridge is a beautiful e36c (don't recall her name), that has bronze opening ports instead of portlights. We would sure enjoy the extra ventilation, but can't find a source anywhere. They are very similar (elliptical) to the Hans Christian ports 12 1/2 x 5 1/2 ". Does anyone know the owner or a good source for the ports? Thanks

Dave and Kelly
S/V Shearwater
Benicia, CA

Glyn Judson

Opening chatty portlights.

Dave & Kelly, The OEM supplier for the cateye port lights, opening or not on the early E31's was and still is New Found Metals http://www.newfoundmetals.com. My suspicion is that they are the same size as what you have. At the time I researched this some number of years ago I talked with a Mr. Walcome who advised that he still had the patterns for both styles (opening and closed) and could make the opening ones if he got an order for six or more. Why not give him/them a call to see what they have to say. Please let us know what you find out. Go for it and good luck. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55 with rectangular Perko opening portlights, Marina del Rey CA