• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Antifoul

rootsey333

Member II
:confused: Hi
I purchased an Ericson 38-200 six months ago named Southern Cross from Mark Reed who lives near Oregon USA, the Yacht is moored at Tuncurry NSW Australia at my private jetty. I am about to have the Yacht taken out of the water in order to clean and paint the bottom with antifoul paint, the cost is $500 out and in again plus $100 a day, I have not done this before and would really appreciate any suggestions.
1:The yacht will be sitting on its keel on the slipway carriage balanced by side supports only, is this safe enough?
2:How many anodes are there, what type and size and part number are they so that I can have them on hand to replace them.
3:I intend to use 1 US Gallon (3.8 Lt) of International Micron 66 paint, is this enough for 2 or 3 coats it covers 7 square mt/Lt using a roller.
4:I will be using a high pressure Gurney to clean the bottom before I paint, is this enough?
5:If some patching is required what should I use?
I am really a bit scared about doing this alone so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce

HerbertFriedman

Member III
I am looking into Micron 66 bottom paint for my '87 E34 this year since that is what the previous owner has on it. The Interlux site estimate for the coverage is about length x beam x 0.75. For my E34 that comes to 280 sq feet and the coverage for Micron 66 is about 340 sq. feet/gallon. For your E38 I would guess the area is about 340 sq.feet so one gallon/coat seems about right. The killer is that Interlux recommends 3 coats, ouch at about $280/gal.

rootsey333

Member II
Hi Herbert

I am looking into Micron 66 bottom paint for my '87 E34 this year since that is what the previous owner has on it. The Interlux site estimate for the coverage is about length x beam x 0.75. For my E34 that comes to 280 sq feet and the coverage for Micron 66 is about 340 sq. feet/gallon. For your E38 I would guess the area is about 340 sq.feet so one gallon/coat seems about right. The killer is that Interlux recommends 3 coats, ouch at about $280/gal.

Thanks for the information, I think I will go with 2 gallons and do 2 coats with a roller using Micron 66.
Bruce