• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Location of Hull number? (HIN)

Frank Bayliss

I have recently purchased an Ericson 29 (1971) and the paperwork does not include the Hull or Identification number. This is keeping me from registering with the California DMV. Can anyone tell me where I might find the identification number in/on the boat?

Thank you,

Frank Bayliss

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
HIN-quiries.....

I have recently purchased an Ericson 29 (1971) and the paperwork does not include the Hull or Identification number. This is keeping me from registering with the California DMV. Can anyone tell me where I might find the identification number in/on the boat?

Thank you,

Frank Bayliss

Welcome to the site!
There are several prior threads that discuss this question. The google search engine works best for something like: ericsonyachts.org hin location .

Here is just one:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?6762-HIN-s&referrerid=28

And, there are other threads, too....

Hope you find the result you seek.

Loren

Last edited:

TakeFive

Member II
Massachusetts requires a rubbing of the hull number for registration and title.
Not easy when 1968 hull has been compounded or sanded and painted numerous times.
Now awl gripped and the numbers are just barely discernable with the light at the right angle.

Matey

Member III

Thank you,

Frank Bayliss

There is a chance it's not on the hull, as is the case on my 72' E32
My only marking is 3 digit number stamped on rudder post casting.

Happy hunting,
Greg

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
One More Place found

I can't locate a more recent thread on Hull ID numbers - I know there are a lot. FWIW, I just found one more place where they wrote it in 1971 - just inside the mast extrusion! Just a simple matter of popping off the mast for a look!

So: Stamped in the tiller deck plate
Sometimes written on the back of interior woodwork (while awaiting installation?)
Inside the mast extrusion (while awaiting installation?)