• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E31 Independence Staysail Sheet Lead

kurtvoss

Kurt Voss
My wife and are the proud owners of ENCORE, an Independence 31 purchased last September. Yesterday we finally launched her at her new home in Wickford, RI.

We're a bit confused about how to lead the staysail sheet. Does anyone have a photo they can share of their set-up?

Many thanks.

Flyertim

Sailing in Alaska
E31 Staysail Traveller

This is my current setup. Works well, but the equipment is old and needs upgrading. This is not self-tacking. Three lines run aft to the cockpit. One pulls the sail out of the furler, the other two move the traveller port and starboard.

Attachments

• DSC00465.jpg
    DSC00465.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

Glyn Judson

Staysail sheet routing.

Kurt, I'm attaching three images of my staysail line routing exactly as they were done from the factory. That 316 stainless steel plate is something I made (actually had a friend in the machine shop at work make them) for the blocks but everything else is pretty much original with more modern Harken hardware also added. Go for it, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Attachments

• Hull #55, Harken staysail car plate.jpg
    Hull #55, Harken staysail car plate.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Hull #55, Harken staysail track #1.jpg
    Hull #55, Harken staysail track #1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Hull #55, Harken staysail track #2.jpg
    Hull #55, Harken staysail track #2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 207

kurtvoss

Kurt Voss
Staysail Sheet Routing

Thanks a million, Glyn. After reading so many of your posts, it's a pleasure to finally "meet" you. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me.

Glyn Judson

Staysails and stuff.

Kurt, The pleasure is all mine and I'm glad to share what I've learned about the lovely E31. It might interest you to know that I've actually been aboard your boat a number of years ago when she was located in Egg Harbor WI. Can you do me a favor? Will you contact me back channel at glynjudson@roadrunner.com in order to exchange details of your boat's location and your contact information? And for that, I'll send you a spreadsheet containing a listing of every E31 ever made (73 made) except two hulls that I've never found There are 18 data points of information contained in the spreadsheet for each hull including contact info and where they are located. A nice result of the list is that a bunch of us have developed friendships either by email or in person and over the years have been able to help one another with all sorts of solutions to problems, etc. Congratulations on the purchase of hull #57, Glyn, E31 hull #55, Marine del Rey CA: 310.453.1892, C: 310.804.9198