• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fuel fill hose, E 38

hodo

Member III
While spring cleaning, I found some small cracks in my fuel fill hose, near the tank. I need to replace it be fore I top off. Anyone know size and length? 1985 E 38.
Thanks, Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'm going to the boat this morning and I should be able to get the diameter and estimate the length for you later today. It's still up in the yard and the aft part of the tank is uncovered.

Craig

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
The hose is Gates fuel hose with the numbers 4224 on it. I forgot to measure the OD before I had to leave. If the fuel deck fill is the same as the water deck fills the the hose is 1-1/2 inches ID. The length is hard to determine installed. I'd buy 8 feet to be sure to have enough.

It's still out at Delta. It'll be a year soon. The fuel filler hose is one of the few areas I haven't touched on this layup.

Last edited:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
I haven't measured my fuel fill hose, but I'm 99% certain it's 1-1/2" diameter. I'd guess 8' would be enough, based on recollection and without having measured that either.

Mark

hodo

Member III
Thanks, guys, off to fisheries tommorow. Craig are you at your boat tommorow? May stop by....
Harold

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
snip ... Craig are you at your boat tommorow? May stop by....
Harold

Harold,
No probably not, sorry. We have a repairman coming between 1 and 5 pm and I brought the new water heater home to start putting fittings on it in the morning. I bought a 6 gal Torrid round upright to replace the aged but reliable 12 gal Raritan. That'll be like 60 lb less in the stern.

Craig

hodo

Member III
Fill hose length

Fuel fill hose is in, Takes 7 feet, but buy 8', allows you to install it easier. P.S., The new trident hose is larger OD than the 1984 hose. Won't go through the Fill fitting opening.
Thanks, all.
Harold& Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

hodo

Member III
Fuel Fill Hose

The hose is 1 1/2" ID. I inspected the vent hose, it looked great, so I reinstalled it. Don't overlook the grounding wire between the tank and fill neck. Enjoy. Hope you are thinner and more flexible than I....
I got Mine from Fisheries in Seattle. W.M. was pretty spendy. You can try a hyd. hose supplier also. They seem to stock it around here, anyway.
Harold