• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 prop advice

kari

Member III
I have an e 27, diver tells me I need a new prop . . . I have a 2 cylinder diesel Vetus 16 hp and a 2:1 trans ratio, I had a 3 blade I was happy with, don't know the diameter or pitch until he can get it off can anyone help with what I should be looking for? . . . . . cheaper the better . . .

Haiku

Member II
Campbell Sailor 3 blade

I have an E27 with a Yanmar 2GMF - 15hp. I installed a new Campbell Sailor 3 blade 12x10 prop when I converted the engine from the original Atomic 4. It is a bit over pitched. I should get 3600rpm at full throttle but only get approx 2800rpm. I am going to remove it and have it re-pitched to 12x7.

When I originally sent the specifications to the distributor, he suggested a 13x8 but I thought it would be too big. I think it would have actually fit nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 226
i was originally going to reply to this as i have an E27 with new prop, but then I noticed you have different engine.
-- so not sure if this applies because I have Atomic 4 but here is what I have and it works well:

http://www.atomic4.com/propeller.html

Indigo 3 blade with winglets 10inch by 7.4 pitch. (not cheap though)
tom

attachment.php

Attachments

• PeePeller01.jpg
    PeePeller01.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 432

kari

Member III
Thanks everyone! Diver put "Something" on today . . . . will see and test drive Friday, I'll keep you all posted . . . . :)

JPS27

Member III
E27 prop update?

I'd be interested in an update on your prop change out. How is it working? I would love to hear from as many Ericson 27 owners about their props, engines etc. Thanks!

Jay