• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Recirculating Pump Rebuild

sfzabawa

First time posting, hope to get an answer or I'm going to have to B O A T.... pump replacement is about $600

Recirculating pump (coolant pump) on our universal 5432 went out. I found the bearings to repair the pump but there is a seal, called the Slinger, that prevents water from entering the bearing area. I cannot find this part. The parts manual does not list a part number, and when I called up a local marine supply - who called the mfg - they said I needed to order the entire pump assy. No mfg info listed on the pump and the pump is sourced through Westerbeke.

Any ideas on how to get this part or am I doomed to a new pump?

Thanks,
Steve

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Go to a Kubota dealer. You want a pump for a V-1501 block. Much, much cheaper than a Universal "marine" pump.

The fitting for the hot water heater may be different. As I remember, it had a nipple instead of a screw in port. The pic shows how I handled it on my M-25XP. Yours may be different. I think the pump cost about $95 in 2006.

Coolant pump May 2008 001A.jpg

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Go to a Kubota dealer. You want a pump for a V-1501 block. Much, much cheaper than a Universal "marine" pump.

The fitting for the hot water heater may be different. As I remember, it had a nipple instead of a screw in port. The pic shows how I handled it on my M-25XP. Yours may be different. I think the pump cost about $95 in 2006.

View attachment 16344

That is exactly what we did. Thanks to our wonderful forum. I called our local Kubota tractor shop and sourced the part for about $95. My marine guy wanted over $600. Simple replacement.