• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

38-200 Martec Folding Prop pitch

oceandreams89

Member II
Hi, I'm thinking about moving to a Martec Eliptec Folding Prop, (non- geared) for my 1989 38-200. The fixed prop I have is a Michigan Sailor, 16" diameter x 13" pitch. I have
been using an Autostream 2 blade feathering prop that I'm mostly ok with, but the thrust against wind and sea seems lacking due the flat blades without any cupping as a fixed or folding prop will have.

I have heard that when switching to a Martec Eliptec over the factory fixed prop, that you need to go up a little on the pitch for efficiency reasons. So is a 16"x 14"p about right? I have the 5432 Universal. It seemed to reach 2800 RPM with the fixed prop if I remember, but it's been a few years. I know the prop thing has been beaten to death, but none of my searches have yielded anything I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer...

Todd

Last edited:

oceandreams89

Member II
For anyone interested, Martec got back to me.... 16x14P is what they suggested for a 2 blade Martec Eliptec MkIII folding prop, with the Universal 32hp, 2:1 transmission, 1" RH rottation, and a 15500 lb boat.