• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Plumbing question - Tee to Nowhere

Jeff Lastofka

Plumbing question

I'm going through my recent 1981 E30+ purchase and tidying some things up a bit. I understand the electric and manual bilge pumps, but there's something weird between the head compartment and the bilge area under the dining seat.
There are two valves under the head's sink cabinet. There's a hose coming from under the seat, through the bulkhead to a valve under the sink, then back through the bulkhead to under the seat. Then there's an identical copy of this, so I have two mystery valves on two one inch hoses. Of the resulting four hoses coming through the bulkhead to under the dining seat, one from one valve goes to a bilge pickup. Another, from the other valve, is cut off and goes nowhere. The other two are Tee'd together and then go nowhere.
I don't have the original documentation, so I have no idea if this was a factory thing that's been disabled.
I took a couple pictures and could forward them if anyone thinks they have an idea.
I've vacuum-emptied the waste tank, but haven't tried pumping it out yet. None of what I was just describing is connected to any of that, anyway.
Also, the water heater under the cockpit has been bypassed, but I don't think I care for now. It's probably dead.
Also, there's a short track on the foredeck and a mast fitting for adding a second jib. And a bunch of halyards and stuff I'm not using yet. Could be nice here in no-wind-ieago. I'll look into that later.
I'll try attaching the mystery plumbing picture here....
The bottom-most hose in the picture, which goes out the left side of the image, is the outlet from the electric pump and doesn't relate to this mystery.
-Jeff
E30+, Oceanside

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 53