• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bruce King design IOR Boat

gadangit

Member III
The boat Terrorist started racing on Galveston Bay last year. I've talked with the owner a few times, we are just one dock apart. It wasn't until this weekend that I got a look at the interior of the boat and learned that Bruce King designed the boat. Pretty radical stuff by Mr. King.

I can attest that the assymetrical daggerboards make this boat go to weather like nobody else on the water. I can't say for sure, but it feels like she makes 10 degrees higher to windward than we do. Pretty much unbeatable with decent wind.

The boat remodel is top notch stuff, it looks fantastic.

Decent write up here: http://rbsailing.blogspot.com/search?q=+terrorist

Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks !

While "everything" is said to be "out there somewhere" on the internet.... ya gotta know just where it is... and you Do!
Thank You!! Very much!

This is a great article and the pix are wonderful.

Regards,
Loren

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
And we thought we were over the rational spending limit with our boats.

And now to take the show on the road:

Terrorist is located in Lake Texoma, about 2 hours south of Oklahoma City. A trailer has been built for the yacht which will allow her to be transported between Corpus Christi, New Orleans and Los Angeles

Last edited:

gadangit

Member III
I think saner heads prevailed and the boat appears to be permanently based here in Galveston Bay.

Funny thing about aluminum boats: She got hit rounding a crowded mark in very light winds earlier this year. A week later I hear this tremendous banging on the hull as he pounded out the dent. I'm sure some local fish swam away with a headache. Paint was sprayed on this weekend, looks good as new.

Chris

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Fun memories

I had occasion to race on Terrorist as part of the UC-Irvine sailing team "way back when". The boat was truly a rocket to weather, a little wobbly off the wind with boat daggerboards pulled up. But the truly memorable bit (as a bow guy) was the "trench" for the spinnaker pole along the centerline of the foredeck. It was "interesting" to slide around on a slippery bow, trying to avoid sticking a foot into the trench every time you moved....