• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

dc elect panel

Burton Mohr

Member I
has anyone ever seen the dc elect panel on the ericson 35-ll installed to the left of the nav.table. problem existing dc panel and wiring looks like a birds nest, want to fix..

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Funny you should ask. I am almost done moving mine. The biggest promblem with the stock location at the galley is, wet wet and more wet behind it. Also you have to get into the lazzeret to work on it. Moving it to the nav desk wasn't to dificult, its a central location and easy to work at. I will try to attach a photo or two.

O.K. I can't figure out how to add a photo. If some one could tell me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Phil

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Photo attachments....

Posting your photo....

From this "reply" screen, look down and to the left and you should see the words "Attach file". to the right of that is a button that reads "Choose File". click on it and a standard dialog box should come up whereby you choose the picture (in jpg format, works for me...) and click on that picture.
Note that you should *first* select your picture on your own desktop and resize it to something that fits easily within this message window -- like maybe 5 X 7 inches and ressave it -- and name that version something like "boatphotoforE-forum.jpg". Next, select that photo and hit the "Submit Reply" button on lower part of screen. That should do it.
I figure that if I can do this on my Mac, on a site built on a Windoz machine, any average Luddite can do it!
:)
If you do not get it right, remove your message and try try again....

Let us know how it goes...
Write me anytime.
Loren in PDX
(I will attach a very small jpeg of the YachtList burgee just to keep in practice...)

Attachments

• smallylburgee16.jpg
    smallylburgee16.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We are going to be tackling this same challenge on our E35-2 later this year. I will be installing a new breaker panel and wiring just aft of the shelf above the chart table. I have already reduced the width of the table by 4" (it was just too tight to be easily accessed by my 210 lb. body!) and have panelled in the shelf area itself. I have my VHF, AM/FM Tape deck, CD changer and battery charger indicator panel mounted into the mahogony fascia leaving space for a couple of new intruments/repeaters (next year's project). I intend to panel in an area about 18" wide directly aft of the existing shelf and install new electrical breaker panels - both AC and DC - in this area. The face of this new cabinet will be flush with the existing narrow shelf that extends back along the quarter berth and will have the electrical panels installed with brass piano hinges to allow access to the wiring/buss bars mounted behind. I am hoping to run as much of the new wiring as possible to replace the old stuff that ties into the existing panel by the galley, before simply removing the old panel all together.
I just reread this post and have decided that I had better upload some pics for clarification. I will do so over the next couple of days.
Anyway, to make a long story, well, quite long...It's going to be a lot of work. But, I am hoping the results will justify the effort. Just getting rid of all those fuses will be a welcome change.
Let me know how you make out with your installation.

Burton Mohr

Member I
dc panel

thanks for the info on the dc panel. I was wondering where I could put the dc panel, good idea, want to see your pictures.