• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A-4 Parts

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
It has come time for me to divest myself of some of the A-4 parts I've accumulated over the years. Since I now have crossed over to the "dark side" and no longer have any boats with A-4s these parts are no longer of use to me. I have the following: An almost new late model Zenith carburetor with an adjustable main jet, extended idle adjustment screw and ball joint cable connector. A Moyer A-4 Service and Overhaul Manual. An adjustable main jet kit. A mechanical fuel pump with pusher rod. A transmission cover gasket. Last but not least a hand crank. If anyone has any interest in these let me know and I'll provide pictures and background information.

steven

Sustaining Member
Al,

I am interested in just about all of these parts.
Please provide any info you have.

--Steve

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Steven: The Zenith carb is one I purchased from Moyer. I equipped it with an extended idle adjustment screw, an adjustable main jet and quick release ball joint cable connector. I used this carb as a quick switch out when I was dealing with dirty fuel from an old galvanized, varnished up gas tank. When one carb would get fouled I would take ten minutes and exchange that carb for a clean one. I'd then take the dirty one back to the shop to clean. I did this to get through an entire sailing season until I had the chance to tear out the old tank and install a Moeller tank.

I once had a spare engine I picked up from a local guy switching to diesel. The new, in the bag from Moyer, adjustable main jet kit was for the carb on the spare engine. My brother-in-law talked me out of the engine before I started to upgrade it.

The mechanical fuel pump is the original from my 72' E27. I upgraded that A-4 with an electric fuel pump, electronic ignition, coolant by-pass kit, exhaust pressure gauge, external oil filter and oil pressure and temperature alarms. It is in good condition but a candidate for a rebuild. Those housings are getting hard to come by.

The manual is a Moyer. Clean, no grease smudges.

The tranny cover gasket is a spare.

The crank is a Moyer. Used only twice for ignition and valve timing adjustment. That has been spoken for.

I've posted these for sale on the SBO forum. Prices are listed there. Let me know if you have any further questions. Al Frakes