• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rigger recommendations?

ChrisS

Member III
Does anyone have any recommendations for a rigger in the Marin/Richmond areas? Looking to pull the rig, give it a going through, and do some upgrades. Looking for someone to do some of the work, and am hoping for leads beyond the established rig shops. Any leads wound be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

ref_123

Member III
Well, given that you want to pull the mast, I'd stick with boat yards. Svendsen always does good work for us - standing rigging, running rigging, lifelines...

Regards,
Stan

Wolfemusic

Bettina
realize this is a somewhat dated post, but what were you able to find? Interested in the average cost to redo the rigging on a 32-2

ChrisS

Member III
Finally got around to answering this. I replaced my lowers last year, and am doing the remainder right now.

Total cost for the standing rigging about $2,400.

saltandthesea

Total with labor?

Finally got around to answering this. I replaced my lowers last year, and am doing the remainder right now.

Total cost for the standing rigging about $2,400.

Chris is this the total with labor? If so, where are you getting this one?

Thanks!
-Mike

e38 owner

Member III
I few years back I replaced all the standing and running rigging on our 38. Can't remember now but found the rigging shop that did most of the original rigging. He was very helpful. Even helped with new lifelines. He guided me through the process and I replaced the rigging without even dropping the mast. We did all the work. The most difficult part was the spreaders. We held the mast up with the lowers and spare halyards. The bolts in the spread cap became one with the spreader. Took several hours per spreader. Had to take them off one at a time and used all sorts of means to get them apart. Impact screwdriver. P b blaster. Etc etc etc. the forstay is also a bit diificult. The furler makes it tough but I also installed our furler a few years before that. Need a spare halyard to hold all the weight.