• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need Trailer for E27

Scott Abbott

Member III
I am going to undertake moving the boat home in order to do all rough prep for painting my boat over the winter of 2016. Need to find a trailer. Any help in best place to find one or to have one made. I am getting pricing around $6000 new to make one. $6800 for salt water rated version. Need some help

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Plan B ?

I am going to undertake moving the boat home in order to do all rough prep for painting my boat over the winter of 2016. Need to find a trailer. Any help in best place to find one or to have one made. I am getting pricing around $6000 new to make one. $6800 for salt water rated version. Need some help

Three-axle trailers seem to show up on our regional CL ads, so perhaps some watchful research there might be worth while. At those prices you could buy a trailer built for a large power boat and bolt on four jack stands and one more for a bow support... it seems like... perhaps.

LB

bigtyme805

Member III
There is a listing on Craigslist Santa Barbara for an Ericson 27 that has a trailer, but the boat is in a slip. Maybe he will sell you the trailer. Worth a try.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I take it you plan to keep the boat on the trailer each winter from now on, at your home, for convenience and savings.

I mutter this because trailers mean maintenance, registration, towing, storage when boat is in water, and so on.

In some locations they help resale value of the boat/trailer package. In other places nobody wants one and it complicates the deal.

Just some thoughts....I used to drag a Soling around behind a truck and hated every minute of it.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Don't know if this will help but the 27 and 29 are close. this is a drawing with measurements for my E29 trailer the bottom of the keel is the base line on the drawing. The back pads can be dropped for launching. I also have the other pads supported so they don't move when the boat is not on the trailer. If you decide to build or convert and want pictures of my trailer let me know.

Trailer  dimensions.png

dthriftusa

E27 Trailer

Scott, I have an E27 trailer in good condition that I occasionally rent. But, I'm a day and a half drive from Virginia. If interested we can talk offline.

Doug

Unsettled1

Member I
Scott, I have an E27 trailer in good condition that I occasionally rent. But, I'm a day and a half drive from Virginia. If interested we can talk offline.

Doug

How close to Houston are you?? I see Oklahoma/Arkansas in your profile... I need a trailer to get off this Lake...

olsenjohn

John Olsen
Blogs Author

Scott - I was in a similar situation as you. I bought a boat far from home and needed a trailer to bring it back, work on the boat, and later use for launching. After a lot of searching from different manufacturers I had a trailer made for my Ericson 25 CB by Triad Trailers in NC. They owner was great working with me, and customized the trailer so that it would meet my requirements to fit in my building, extra bunks, handle the centerboard design to keep weight off it, etc. I was really impressed with the quality of the trailer when I picked it up. And it fit my boat like a glove. The yard dropped the boat onto the trailer and I only had to make minor adjustments to the bunks. Pulled my boat from Maryland to NC no problem.

I attached a couple of pictures of the trailer. Would be happy to provide more information if you want.

.20141206_084339.jpg20141206_084416.jpg

John Olsen
1973 Ericson 25CB
"Nordic Thunder"

Stickman

Scott,

I am doing the very same thing for my e34. Depending on your time, abilities and means will dictate your best course of action.

I chose to search classifieds and CL. I eventually found a heavy duty triple axle sailboat trailer for $1,800. I am in the process of re-fabricating to fit. Good luck.

dthriftusa

How close to Houston are you?? I see Oklahoma/Arkansas in your profile... I need a trailer to get off this Lake...

My trailer is located 4 hours north of Dallas at Applegate Marina on Robert Kerr Lake near Sallisaw, OK. I live in Fort Smith, AR, 40 miles to the east.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I am also in need of a trailer to pull 1985 E28 from NC to Boulder, Colorado...All
options open / seeking advice & tips... ;-) cheers .... :egrin:

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Irwin 28 on a trailer

My Dad has an Irwin 28 w/centerboard on a trailer in Sumter, SC. He's still deciding whether to work on the boat or part it out, but I don't think the boat is in good enough condition to restore. I'm not sure if it will fit the Ericson, but I think it's two axles. His email address is reliable55@hotmail.com. Not a sure thing as he may need the trailer to "dispose" of the boat, but it may be worth a try. You can PM me for his phone number if you can't get through via email.

-Dean

Unsettled1

Member I

Doug

Can you provide a photo of your trailer?? I am looking at purchasing a used one that may work with little re fabrication I just need to see what an Ericson 27 trailer looks like. Thanks.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I just lucked out and found one for $1,500 in Stockton Ca....I just pulled it back to Boulder, Co and it seems fine...
two ax - ShoreLine - 1982 .... I'll be pulling it back to NC in the future...Avail for rent if anyone elde
needs one for a temp move...It will handle anything 22-30 feet..sailboat - keel...

Richard
Colorado

I am also in need of a trailer to pull 1985 E28 from NC to Boulder, Colorado...All
options open / seeking advice & tips... ;-) cheers .... :egrin:

Gary Holford

Member II
Trailer

I lucked out a couple of years ago. A friend found me a deal where if you took the boat (free old Bayliner sail) you got the trailer. It had been sitting in the bush for 10 years. Turned out the trailer was made by the same company that made my cradle. I cut the bunks off, beefed up the springs, bought new bigger tires and rims, and u-bolted the cradle on. All in under a thousand. Might put heavier axles in later but for now the marina is only 10 miles away so not an issue. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG-20141031-00718.jpg
    IMG-20141031-00718.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 90