• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

electric auxiliary power

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone know anything about using electric for auxiliary power? Has anyone here installed a system? I need a new outboard and the idea of an electric motor is intriguing. This would be for my E23 mk1, so it's just a tiny little hull to push through the water.

Thanks, Mark

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Originally posted by Mark F
Does anyone know anything about using electric for auxiliary power? Has anyone here installed a system? I need a new outboard and I the idea of an electric motor is intriguing. This would be for my E23 mk1, so it's just a tiny little hull to push through the water.

Thanks, Mark

I very seriously looked at
<http://www.ozecodrive.com/english/index_e.html>

but battery requirements for anything other than in-harbor maneuvering would be impractical. If we were sailing with no "Monday return to work" deadlines it would be perfect !

-Sven

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Sven,

I checked out that link, very interesting. I like the regenerative capabilities.

Mark

Bill Hearsey

A few weeks ago on E-bay, there was an E27 from Port Ludlow Wa. listed with electric power. As I remember, they said it would do about 5 kts. with a 5 hour range. Maybe some one saw this listing and can add to my memory.

Bill Hearsey
E 27 - Little Rosscoe