• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-34-2 and 35-3 Windlass installations

supersailor

Contributing Partner
I considered hijacking the thread as Dave N suggested but decided to do this properly. It seems that a whole bunch of us have recently purchased 34-2's. Going through the specs, The only differences that I can see between the 34-2's and the 35-3's is that the 35-3's have the head forward instead of tucked in aft like the 34-2's and the stern is a little more raked above the waterline aft. That makes this thread applicable to both.

Many of us have passed the age where raising a 33lb anchor and 50 feet of 5/16 chain by hand is the slightest bit of fun. The one thing that Ericson did not give much thought about is how to get the durn thing up and properly stored. Stefan, new owner of the 34-2 Talpa and I have been collaborating to design the greatest 34-2 anchoring system ever and I think we have worked ourselves into an engineering tizzy.

I have an Anchorlift Dolphin sitting on the sole of "Terra Nova" and Stefan has not committed yet.

Could you skippers that have an anchoring system let us know what you have and how well it works?

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
.... Stefan, new owner of the 34-2 Talpa and I have been collaborating to design the greatest 34-2 anchoring system ever and I think we have worked ourselves into an engineering tizzy.

Could you skippers that have an anchoring system let us know what you have and how well it works?

"Collaborating to design the greatest E-34 anchoring system ever" and you want our advice? Shabby. :0

This has been discussed many times on this site. Google "Ericson windlass" and throw in any other things you can think of. Using my name will bring up some, but there are a lot out there, including many with pix.

I mounted mine behind the anchor well with the motor hanging in the V-berth. If you can't find my pix I can re-post.