• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1973 Ericson 27 For Sale - SOLD

crznhwy1

Member II
Must part ways with my 1973 Ericson 27

I have a 1973 Ericson27, hull# ERY27359M73, that I have been sailing and restoring for the last few years. It’s a great boat but the Great Salt Lake is disappearing underneath it due to our drought! Because of health issues, I’ve been thinking of selling it, but now with the lake about to reach record lows my mind has been made up for me. It sails great. I have a main sail, a working jib, and a genny. The engine is an inboard A4. It was built for tiller steering but a PO installed wheel steering. I still have the tiller.

Improvements include:

All new standing and running rigging (all rope halyards)
New 12 gallon Moeller gas tank
At least 50% of boat rewired with marine wire and heat shrink Ancor terminals
Fresh water system replaced and Whale pressure pump added
VHF radio and mast top antenna
New main sail cover and older full deck covers

New parts included, but not installed yet:

Yacht Specialties pedestal guard with bracket
New Humminbird Fishfinder/GPS unit with transponder, new in box
Stereo pod
Lots of new materials, marine wire and cables, Moyer Marine engine harness, etc, etc.

The boat is located at the Great Salt Lake Marina in Salt Lake City. I do not have a trailer for it. I’m not going to ask much since the buyer will need to cover transportation costs to a new home with water- $3,000 or best offer.

PM me for more info or go to : http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/boa/4900205256.html

Attached are photos from previous projects. The boat is covered for the winter, so I don't have new photos.

Attachments

• Photo0035.jpg
    Photo0035.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo0037.jpg
    Photo0037.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo0038.jpg
    Photo0038.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 127
  • Photo0040.jpg
    Photo0040.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:

Freddy008

Rudder Head and Tiller Head

Do you still have the parts listed after changing to wheel? I have a 1976 E27 with cockpit floor mounted tiller and have been unsuccessful finding the parts as the ones I have are broken and patched together. Fred 205-541-seven 5 7 five.

crznhwy1

Member II
Do you still have the parts listed after changing to wheel? I have a 1976 E27 with cockpit floor mounted tiller and have been unsuccessful finding the parts as the ones I have are broken and patched together. Fred 205-541-seven 5 7 five.

Whoever installed the wheel left the tiller parts installed in the boat, they just took the tiller handle off. So right in front of the wheel pedestal there is the tiller head. I figured they wanted a back up in case anything broke on the wheel steering. I'm not interested in selling them separately, if that's what you were interested in.

Mike

Last edited:

Freddy008

Whoever installed the wheel left the tiller parts installed in the boat, they just took the tiller handle off. So right in front of the wheel pedestal there is the tiller head. I figured they wanted a back up in case anything broke on the wheel steering. I'm not interested in selling them separately, if that's what you were interested in.

Mike

Thanks for replying, those do sound like what I need.

crznhwy1

Member II
Ericson 27 gone

This E27 is no longer available. I have donated it to the local yacht club's Junior Sailing program. I like knowing that this Ericson will be making lots of kids happy and helping to bring up the next generation of sailors!

Thanks to all who have given me advice over the years. This is a great forum and community.

Mike