• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

No Discharge Zone

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Hi,

Attached is a link to the Washington State department of Ecology web site showing the information on the proposed No Discharge Zone. It affects all of us. I know it is a bad joke as long as Victoria and the Sannich Peninsula are dumping seven million gallons a day of raw sewage but we have to live with it non the less.

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/nonpoint/CleanBoating/nodischargezone.html

Why does this D--- program keep screwing up the links. When I edit, the link is correct. On the site, it removes a chunk of the link. Is there any way to make this work or do we just swear at the site?

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Links, not sausage

Link is working fine.

That said, I find that the edit function does seem to affect the link.

Loren

hodo

Member III
I wonder how they get by with all the deep water outfalls from around the sound. These are untreated sewage from the cities that cant handle the extra water when it rains. I kinda remember the number was 60 +.
Harold

supersailor

Contributing Partner
That's Government Agency vs Government Agency. Boats are easy, visible, targets to pick on. Changing this other stuff is expensive. Port Angeles dumped 28,000,000 gallons of untreated runoff in the last rain because they stupidly ran their sewage and storm runoff in the same pipe. Instead of starting to fix the problem by beginning to separate the systems, they spent millions buying an old tank and are bringing in piping to use the tank as a holding tank until the treatment plant can handle it so they are treating waste and runoff. A week of rain and back it goes into the Harbor. Good long range planning. I don't think so, but the EPA accepts the solution. Using the same reasoning, you should be able to pump overboard if your holding tank is full before you reach port.

Last edited:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Seems like they have been pushing this for a while now, and I'm sure eventually it will pass. We were almost going to get an lectrasan sanitary system last year when replacing our holding tank, until we heard about this coming down the road and decided against it. I just have a hard time believing recreational boats are the problem with water quality.

Mark

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Appropriate?

I believe that this forum is a political no discharge zone. Would appreciate you moving such discussions involving political commentary to an appropriate political forum. Thanks.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I believe that this forum is a political no discharge zone. Would appreciate you moving such discussions involving political commentary to an appropriate political forum. Thanks.

You're right, Al.
Probably best to just let it all go.... depending on which way your Y-Valve is set!

Back to Ericson talk!!
:egrin:

Loren