• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Simpson-Lawrence Windlass : Now SOLD

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Simpson-Lawrence 510 Hyspeed Manual Windlass.
Has capstan and chain gypsy. Includes handle.

Just removed from our boat and works flawlessly. $350 plus shipping.

Handles 1/4, 5/16 & 3/8 chain.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Simpson-Lawrence 510 Hyspeed Manual Windlass. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Has capstan and chain gypsy. Includes handle. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Just removed from our boat and works flawlessly.

$350 plus shipping.
[/COLOR]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Do you have a picture or two showing how it was installed on your boat?

Steve, it came mounted on the anchor locker hatch when we purchased the boat. There were four large bolts with nylock nuts and large fender washers.

Here re are a couple photos. One with the hatch open while we were heat shrinking the connectors for the new windlass you can see two of the bolts, washers and nuts.

Another pic from the dock starboard and one from port side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Steve, it came mounted on the anchor locker hatch when we purchased the boat. There were four large bolts with nylock nuts and large fender washers.

Here re are a couple photos. One with the hatch open while we were heat shrinking the connectors for the new windlass you can see two of the bolts, washers and nuts.

Another pic from the dock starboard and one from port side.

Simple enough. I like that (simple).

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
So, Rick, how did that prior installation work? You wouldn't think a hatch with two little hinges would sustain all that gear and the forces, but perhaps it did. Certainly a simple solution.

By the way, how many links does a throw of the lever raise?

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
All that being said, we have a nice manual windlass for sale. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I forgot to add that this here windlass is Garr-un-teed to be the gen-you-wine SL Hyspeed by none other than Hooterville's own Mr Hainey!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 414

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Very good. Now: how many links per handle throw? Obviously I am wondering how long it would take to manually winch up 30 feet of chain, and how entertaining a task that might be.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Very good. Now: how many links per handle throw? Obviously I am wondering how long it would take to manually winch up 30 feet of chain, and how entertaining a task that might be.

Theres a reason I got rid of it...lol!

I think I used it three times in almost four years. It works great but I must admit I never counted the number of links per throw. I only used it to help break the anchor free then I would hoist it all by hand.

With 30 feet of chain and the rest rope rode, it was easy. The reason I'm getting the power windlass is it took forever to manually feed 100' of rode through that little hawse pipe hole. In a HOT sun during a humid Florida summer day, one could almost pass out. :confused: