• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WTB 130% Jib Sail for E32-3

newgringo

Member III
My old and very tired 130% Jib Sail either needs expensive repairs or replacing . I have decided we would like to replace it with a sail that will fit the boat a little better with a higher cut to clear the life lines. So my ideal sail would be:
CANCEL this WTB.
Luff 39' 6" up to 40' 0"
Leach 38' 6" up to 40' 0"
Foot 18' to 19'
Dacron 7 to 8 oz
Luff Tape #6 for Harken roller furling
With Sacrificial Cover (starboard side preferred
Foam Luff

So if you have one of these or something close please let me know. Willing to pay market price of ? depending on condition etc.
Thanks-Jerry SV Raconteur
No longer in the market. Bought a new sail on Feb 6, 2015. Exciting stuff! Jerry

Last edited:

Ian S

Member III
Hi Jerry, I have a North 140% in good shape. I'd guess it's 7.62 cloth. Leach cord, 3 sets tell tales, lower tell window,#6 tape. for a MKII furler. send me a PM and I can give you further details. I'm thinking of parting with it and applying the funds towards a new Tape drive.

Eric B

Learning
New Genoa for 32-3

Aloha Jerry,

I am currently shopping for a new headsail for my '88 32-3. Probably a little smaller, maybe %105-110.
Just curious what company you ended up purchasing from, are you happy with it, price, and did you get a cut
that clears your life lines?

Thanks for your time and input,

Eric

newgringo

Member III
Eric. I ended up buying a ~130% sail from Lee Sails. Very happy with it. And it is just enough shorter to clear the lifelines when tacking. A nice thing. Compared to the old tired Jib the boat points a little higher, takes less sheet tension and runs a little faster. Here is what we ordered for a total price of $1607 + $25 for shipping Portland OR to Kingston WA

Boat is Ericson 32-3
Furled Headsail 6.6 oz 360 sq ft $1267
Luff - 40' 2" Foam Luff 216
Foot - 18' 8" Cpt. Navy 58' UV 302
Leach - 39' 5"
Sub Total $1785
With Boat Show Discount 10% $1607
#6 Luff Tape Harken Unit

Somewhere it specifies the UV leach cover goes on the Stbd side of the sail
My Lee Rep is Cliff Hunter ph 503 641 7170
email "leesailsor@comcast.net"

Jerry