• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23: South Coast Winches

SollaSollew

I'm looking for some information on these old South Coast winches. I've posted some pictures at the following address:

South Coast Winches

They need servicing, however, I would like to know what I will find inside before I tear them apart!!

Brooke

Can't help you, I'm afraid, on the servicing question, but I've got a serious case of winch-handle envy. You don't happen to know where I could get a handle, do you?

Brooke

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
me too

I was wondering what the wench for my jib halyard was, now I know, and I also know why none of my wench handles fit.

Last edited:

SollaSollew

Brooke / Jim:

Ive been out of town for a while, hence the slow reply. I don't know where to get replacement winch handles. Actually, I am fearful of losing the one that I have, as it goes to my primary winches.

Seth sent me some instructions on the maintenance, and notes that finding parts for these will be difficult. He suggests that I replace them and I probably will over the next couple of seasons.

The rain has stopped and spring has sprung in the Pacific NW!!

Bob in Va

Member III
winch handle blues

It might be a real good idea to take some measurements and if possible make a replacement for the part of the handle that inserts into the winch. The rest of it wouldn't have to be too fancy, but would sure be nice to have a back-up if you ever do drop the original in that wet stuff.