• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 25 CB Swing Keel Wanted - Texas area

Smileoutloud

Would appreciate any help finding an Ericson 25 CB ( E 25CB with the swing keel) with a trailer in pretty good condition in the South. I have been looking in Sailing Texas, Boat Trader, and Yachtworld as well as Craigslist and haven't had much luck. Hoping that posting an ad here will get me some leads. Thanks for the help.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Plan B?

Perhaps you need, as they said in Animal House, a "road trip!"
Friend of mine just brought home a bargain Montgomery 15 on a decent trailer from Colorado to PDX. He wanted a pocket cruiser that would tow behind his VW diesel. So far so good, after several hundred miles. He went to Alaska and back last summer on his larger boat and wanted a 'winter cruiser' to take to Arizona.

As for boat shopping further away, arguably he has more time than money, as it were, being retired, but still....
:)

While there are other makes of trailerable sailboat built in the 70's, the Ericson was one of the best constructed ones, imho.
Observation: It's always better to buy a smaller yacht from a high-end builder than a scaled-up POS from a cheapie company.
After 40 years they all need some restoration, but it's a lot better to have have sturdier scantlings underpinning your restoration. I wish you well.

Let us know how your quest goes.

Cheers,
Loren

ps: while Googling for more info on the ODay, this was at the top of the list. Nice pix and lots of words about the Ericson. http://www.ericson25.com/2012/09/why-i-bought-ericson-25-part-iv.html

Last edited:

Wysailer

Member II
25Cb Wanted

I have one in Northern WY - while not in the South it wouldn't be too far to make a deal if you are interested.
Send me your contact information to:

jstb@bresnan.net or call my cell 307 752-0003

Scott
Wysailer 25 CB

Smileoutloud

Would appreciate any help finding an Ericson 25 CB ( E 25CB with the swing keel) with a trailer in pretty good condition in the South. I have been looking in Sailing Texas, Boat Trader, and Yachtworld as well as Craigslist and haven't had much luck. Hoping that posting an ad here will get me some leads. Thanks for the help.

Thank you. I am not against taking a trip to find the right boat. I found one in Washington State today, but he is saying it needs some work and is pulling it from sale right now. Also had a hit in in Wyoming (see thread below).

TikiSkip

Ericson 25

I have an Ericson 25 with swing keel and have been debating selling it. New house and two young kids have severely limited use. It is in great shape and has some custom wood work inside (custom fold out tables and back-lit stained glass). Has a variety of sails, 9.9 Yamaha outboard, and trailer. Will probably post an official "for sale" ad soon with pics and more details. Let me know if your still looking for a boat like this. I am in Western New York however...
:egrin:

gstepler

Member I
TikiSkip,

Similarly interested in an E25 w/ swing keel and trailer and am in your "neighborhood" (at least relative to Smileoutloud); Boston, MA.

Greg

TikiSkip

E-25

TikiSkip,

Similarly interested in an E25 w/ swing keel and trailer and am in your "neighborhood" (at least relative to Smileoutloud); Boston, MA.

Greg

Glad to hear from you Greg... I have next week off, so I will compile some pics and more details regarding the boat and either post them here or PM you. Look for them next week sometime. :)

TikiSkip

Ericson 25 c/b

Hello Greg,

I've been digging around my computer for some pics of the boat... I found a few of the exterior and am still trying to dig up some of the interior. (My wife takes most of our family pics, and for some reason the boat wasn't one of her favorite photography subjects :) I'll keep looking for interior pics, but for now, exterior! :egrin:128.jpg.003.jpg129.jpg005.jpg