• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fixed port gasket

carroll

Member II
I have a 1973 e-27. with a leaking fixed port. I want to reseal the port but also need to replace the hard rubber square gasket between the inner glass and the inner aluminum frame. Does anyone know where i can get this gasket?
Carroll

carroll

Member II
Hay Grant,
Some of my fellow sailors refer to me on occasion as the well meaning but anal retentive sailor , so with that said could you please answer one more question? In looking at the gaskets in the set you recommended i did not see the solid square hard rubber gasket that inserts between the inner aluminum frame and the glass.Has this , by chanced, been replaced by the " U " shaped gasket i see in the set? You also mentioned you did not use the sealant , have the rubber gaskets worked on their own to prevent leaks. Lastly, do you have any pics. of your project?
Thanks , Carroll

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
They call it a glazing channel (item 11) in the drawing. Mine looks like the picture, not really rectangular at all. Pointy where it meets the glass with a lip (back or arrow shape) that rests on the edge of the frame. Perhaps some one replaced the rubber with something else. Part number 12 is rectangular, but it only covers the channel on the inside giving it a finished appearance and also hiding any water the leaks in and collects in the frame. The kit was a perfect match for what Ericson used originally.

carroll

Member II
Thanks Grant ,
I will probably get down to the boat this week end and take a real good look at the gasket set up. If i can figure out how to attach some pics. here i will . Carroll

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Grant & Carroll,

My take on Carroll's original question is that it was about the inner square gasket which is just cosmetic. It doesn't really seal anything, but provides the finished detailed look.

davisr

Member III
What Keith said. It's just a trim piece, i.e., it's simply cosmetic.

Roscoe
E25, Oystercatcher