• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E39 Rig Dimensions

kwajed

Just bought a basket case E39, and I'm looking for some used sails. Can anyone give me the IPEJ? Thanks,

Lew Decker

Member III
E39

I must be suffering from some kind of age related BS - I remember seeing pictures of your PACIFICA somewhere - Maybe "Latitude 38"? Congratulations on your purchase - Anyway, if you punch up Doyle Sails or Air Force Sails they have calculators that include all the stock measurements for the E39 - They even give free quotes - Now, how about this for a completely off-the-wall question - Did you ever hear of a workboat called EGABRAG? (garbage spelled backwards) - It was used years ago in some missile tracking exercises out your way - I do have a reason for asking -

kwajed

Thanks for the info RE Doyle and Air Force. I don't know about the magazine article, there is a 39B with the same name. This Pacifica has ben lying here for about four years now. The previous owner brought her out from Hono and first neglected her and then tore her all up with the intention of a refit (there's some saying about a road paved with good intentions). As for the workboat, I haven't been out here all that long, but I'll ask some of the old hands. Thanks again.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
E-39 rig

I=52.04; J=16.54; P=44.04; E=14.04.
Be VERY careful on the used stuff.
By the time an old, used, sail is re-cut to fit your boat you may have invested more than the sail is worth.