• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Jeopardy...

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
We just watched Jeopardy preparing dinner and over a bottle of Red Zin where they had a category titled "Come Sail Away".

One question was, "It sounds like a farm implement used to steer".....The contestant buzzed in and said Plow!!

Another question, "A triangular headsail; The sailor in "All Is Lost" deploys..A storm one.......
Nobody buzzed in......

Funny and I feel so smart.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
We just watched Jeopardy preparing dinner and over a bottle of Red Zin where they had a category titled "Come Sail Away".

One question was, "It sounds like a farm implement used to steer".....The contestant buzzed in and said Plow!!

Another question, "A triangular headsail; The sailor in "All Is Lost" deploys..A storm one.......
Nobody buzzed in......

Funny and I feel so smart.

I caught that too Rick. I watch Jeopardy regular. It's fun to ace a category I know and watch a stumped panel. :egrin:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Some friends have been on, and they all say the same thing: don't press the button too fast. If you press prematurely, you get locked out--the button doesn't work anymore. That's how Bob Woodward missed a Watergate question. But another pal won $18,000 and had no trouble getting a date for five years. Personally, I only predictably get the final question in the category--which for some reason is often the easiest of them all.

For a fine entertainment on the jeopardy of brainy game programs, watch again "Quiz Show", directed by Robt Redford. It is just about a perfect movie, for me at least, on a topic you'd never think would work for big audiences. Wonderful performances all around and a savage comeuppance for a member of the intellectual aristocracy Chas van Doren.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Some friends have been on, and they all say the same thing: don't press the button too fast. If you press prematurely, you get locked out--the button doesn't work anymore. That's how Bob Woodward missed a Watergate question. But another pal won $18,000 and had no trouble getting a date for five years. Personally, I only predictably get the final question in the category--which for some reason is often the easiest of them all.

For a fine entertainment on the jeopardy of brainy game programs, watch again "Quiz Show", directed by Robt Redford. It is just about a perfect movie, for me at least, on a topic you'd never think would work for big audiences. Wonderful performances all around and a savage comeuppance for a member of the intellectual aristocracy Chas van Doren.

Great movie! Turturro is spectacular while Fiennes discomfort with the sleazy show biz world of the gameshow producers is like stopping to look at a fender bender.

Ive ve had some friends that have made it on the show and they said the same thing, get over zealous with the button and you'll end up looking like Wolf Blitzer in the end.