the box propane locker part 1 ericson 35 II

admirals barge

Member III
when I bought the boat it had a cng cooking system on her. I wanted to convert it to propane. I removed the stove, tank, regulator and hose. I researched where others built propane lockers and where Ericson installed it in the aft locker strbd side. I didn't want to put it in the strbd locker aft of the dc panel as I have plan to install the refrigeration system there. I couldn't fit in the aft locker to build an air tight locker. I consulted a friend of mine who has a surfboard business about cutting the aft cockpit strbd side seat and building and a vertical locker using the seat as the top as others have done.

he said he could build the locker and install it. he then suggested a box in the forward cockpit as I hated to give up the storage space. I liked the idea and we measured it out. my plan was to use 2 11lb short bottles which are 12" high and 12" wide. so the project started. he made the box and it was a perfect fit.

concerned about the scuppers being covered and the drains on each side, the box was built so the drains have clearance so the water flows freely. as for the scuppers the sides and front have small notches cut out so the water can reach the scuppers and nothing can get caught in the slots. I tested the amount of time it took to drain a 1/2 full cockpit.( aft cockpit has its own scuppers) it drained in 96 seconds. if I find that its unacceptable then I can install scuppers in front of the box.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg