• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2015 Rendezvous

Date & Place Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
music?

Hi fellow Ericson folks:
Just wondering if there might be any guitar players, singers, etc. to collaborate with on the making of a bit of musical entertainment(when we're not sailing, eating, drinking, telling sailing stories, checking out the other guy's boat, etc.).
Mike Oxborrow, J.P Foolish, E-33 #25, Portland, OR

"Brigadoon", Walt Crichlow always brings his harmonicas. Loves to accompany guitars, etc. and Marty loves to sing along with others. Count us in! We won't be coming up on the boat, now on the Columbia River, Longview Yacht Club, but hope to attend in our motorhome, providing we can find rv space.

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
t shirts

Hello, NW Vikings. I need to turn in the order for Rendezvous T Shirts this weekend. Please order asap.
Thanks, Harold & Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

"Brigadoon" Walt and Marty Crichlow would like to order 1 each, sizes XL. Total of 2 shirts. Any Color, style choices, and what is the cost? Just saw the original posting. Color, style is fine. Cost is fine. Just hope I have not missed the deadline.

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
Last call for T shirts.

Hi all, I am turning in the order for T shirts tonuight. If you think you will want one, Let me know today. I will cover the costs, and collect at the Gathering.
Thanks
Harold & Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
Hi all, I am turning in the order for T shirts tonuight. If you think you will want one, Let me know today. I will cover the costs, and collect at the Gathering.
Thanks

Brigadoon, Walt and Marty Crichlow. 2 t-shirts both XL. Thank you, see you at the rendezvous!'

E33MikeOx

Member II
Harold:

Put me down for one (1) XL tee shirt.

Mike Oxborrow - E33 #25 - JP Foolish

QUOTE=hodo;92087]I need to have the T shirt orders in soon. Please let me know sizes and how many. I'll collect at the rendezvous. Let me know by May 10.
Thanks,
Harold, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker[/QUOTE]

hodo

Member III
T shirts.

We are at !3 shirts. Please send me an E mail If you were not able to order here. I will not be able to read this after 4 PM.
Thanks, Harold

B_Sea

E27 Tacoma
Can't tie up, but still want to come

Hello Everyone,
I havent kept up my spring to-do list so I'm not quite ready to make the sail from Tacoma to Poulsbo. But I still want to come by and hang out! This really will be my best chance to see what working Ericsons look like.

My 27' is a work in progress and I'm new to sailing. I passed ASA 101 this past weekend and now it's just a matter of practicing.

Maybe I can help by putting together a website/Facebook page where you can post your pictures in return for repair and rigging advice.

Happy Sails,
B_Sea

Mike H

Member I
Regrets

We are so sorry we can't be there this year. I (Ruth) had a hip replacement in mid April and that's along trip for us since we are in Port Moody,BC. Last winter Mike had to replace the motor, a long story since he started to do a partial recondition only to find that the block was cracked. BOAT: Bring on another thousand. We have really enjoyed the rendezvous in the last few years and hope to be back again next year. Have a wonderful time. I know you will. Ruth and Mike :boohoo::boohoo:

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
Thanks

June 15, 2015. Walt and Marty Crichlow, Brigadoon: we just found out that we cannot attend the Rendezvous this year due to a family event that just came up. We ordered 2 t-shirts. If you will send me an address to mail you a check in payment, we will donate the shirts to be used as door or raffle prizes. Email me at
martacrichlow@yahoo.com. Thanks, Sorry for the inconvenience.

GregB

Member II
Planning for next weekend...

Hey rendezvousers (spell check loved that...)

We are starting to get our act together for next weekend's rendezvous in Poulsbo. This is our first event. Any thoughts on what usually goes down? Do people eat out, potluck, a little of all of the above, etc...

How many barrels of rum? :0

Thanks,

G

SCLo

Love to come over w/o boat

Just realized the Rendezvous is happening and we'd love to come over and meet some Ericson boats (and their owners). We are fairly new to the boat- bought an E27 last fall that's moored in Bellingham (hope to meet you Fred) and would love to come this weekend. Can't get the boat there yet and never been to a Rendezvous before so any info on how to meet up if you're not in a boat is appreciated. Ours is a 1971 and has a #4 hull number on the title. Heard that the previous owner (once removed) owner her for 40 years. Her name is Athena. We're still learning the ropes as this is a step up from the 22' Tanzer we owned for several years. I doubt any extra t-shirts are available, but if there are we would like one...xl, any color.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FINAL Rendezvous Plans

It's too late to "order" a T shirt, but you might want to email Harold ("Hodo" on this site) and ask about extras.

The annual "gathering of the Vikings" has a basic set of expectations. Some past gatherings have been simple and some more elaborate.

BASICS:
Boats (and owners traveling in by land) pull in Friday pm and Saturday morning. There is much mingling and socializing on the docks. Lots of visits and show n tell.

Saturday in the late afternoon we all gather for a pot luck meal. Bring something if you can. There will be introductions, and some prizes for fiercest viking, furthest traveled, nearest, something special for ladies, and some for yet-to-be-decided categories.

Sunday is typically departure day for about half the group, and if history is any guide, a number of us will stay until Monday or longer depending on cruising and vacation plans.

This particular venue is untested for many of us, but has a "party barge" reserved for our group. I am presently finding out from the marina if they provide tables and chairs. I will bring plates, napkins, and plastic ware.

I also have the copy of the sign that was provided by last year's organizers. It lets you write a little or a lot about your boat and post it on your life lines.
This idea was quite popular last year @ Maple Bay.

We can bring some simple peel n stick name tags too; or make your own... be as artistic as you want!

If you actually have a "barrel of rum" on your Ericson, you will be THE most popular boat!
:)

Loren and Kathy

ps: I just heard from the marina. It gets hot there on a sunny day, so I will front the $100. fee for a tent on the party barge.

pps: more details about their party barge: it does have a bbq but does NOT have tables and chairs.
Bring your own folding chair and a little folding table if you have one.

But wait, there's more... I just attached the Boat Information Sheet. PDF file format. Print it in landscape, and it prints out fine for me. I will bring a hand full along.
I will also bring some clear sleeves to hold them.

Attachments

• boat information sheet.pdf
    137.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Rendezvous

Enough pieces have been put together on "Terra Nova" to leave in the morning for the Rendezvous at Poulsbo. Not everything works but enough does to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.:egrin:

CINNAMON is toast for the Rendevous

Unfortunately a combination of events including a late return from Colorado... result in us not being able to get Cinnamon to the event. However we plan to come Saturday by car. Will bring a couple of tables and 6 or 7 chairs for the party barge. Will also bring something to share - off the BBQ.

I think we were in F53.

Fred

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Sorry everyone, I've been super busy lately...I'll see you all there! It's going to be a scorcher!

Mark

Seoul Mates

Will arrive Saturday afternoon

My wife, Amy, and I recently learned about the rendezvous, we will be on slip F46.

Can't wait to see all the boats and meeting everybody!

Martin

PS. If there are any t-shirts left we use women's M (or L) and men's M (or L).

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
Harold:

Put me down for one (1) XL tee shirt.

Mike Oxborrow - E33 #25 - JP Foolish

QUOTE=hodo;92087]I need to have the T shirt orders in soon. Please let me know sizes and how many. I'll collect at the rendezvous. Let me know by May 10.
Thanks,
Harold, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker
[/QUOTE]
Marta Crichlow, SV Brigadoon here asking if I owe for 2 t-shirts ordered. We were unable to attend the rendezvous as we ha hoped. I offered to have the two shirts we ordered used for door prizes if there were not sold otherwise. My question now, is do we owe anyone for the 2 shirts and if so, to whom and how much and where to send a check? Please reply so that I can close this matter. Would love to see some picture postings on the rendezvous. my email is martacrichlow@yahoo.com

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Marta Crichlow, SV Brigadoon here asking if I owe for 2 t-shirts ordered. We were unable to attend the rendezvous as we ha hoped. I offered to have the two shirts we ordered used for door prizes if there were not sold otherwise. My question now, is do we owe anyone for the 2 shirts and if so, to whom and how much and where to send a check? Please reply so that I can close this matter. Would love to see some picture postings on the rendezvous. my email is martacrichlow@yahoo.com

I recall that Harold did sell the two that originally were to be yours, knowing that you were not going to claim them. Wish you had been there.
I will try to get some photos up when I d/l from our camera.

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

Last edited: