• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2015 Rendezvous

Date & Place Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Hi all, are we going to do T shirts this year? Just curious.
Harold, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

I think that would be cool, but I don't think I have the time and/or talent to take that one on. Anybody else?

When I was last in Poulsbo, I did notice a hat shop downtown, which had viking horn hats - if we really wanted to dork out.

flintstones22.jpg

Mark

bblakesley

Any special reservations for a newbie?

Or do I just need to make a slip reservation. Just coming over from Bainbridge.

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Call up the marina and make a reservation. Say you're with the Ericson Yachts Rendezvous.

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
T Shirts and PR

While a rendezvous t shirt can be sourced closer to the event date, the announcement to the NW sailing magazines needs to go to them pronto.
Their lead times are long.

This announcement can be short, i.e. Event name, Location and slip reservation phone #, date, and an ericson contact person via email.
Feel free to use the email address I set up for me, two years ago. I still use it for occasional 'net conversation.
sailingericson@gmail.com

or, use your own. FWIW, for over a year that address attracted zero spam, and now picks up about one such message per week. So it's turned out to be rather low-hassle.

Cheers,
Loren

:egrin:

ps: links to some earlier ones (just for an example):
http://content.yudu.com/A1scxa/48NJune11/resources/26.htm

http://digital.turn-page.com/i/265678-turnpage48nmarch2014/10

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
T Shirts

How many shirts are we talking? We'll be back from Kona next week. I would take 2, xl, 1 women's, 1 men's. I might
know a guy, if his wife is still doing it.

Harold, Mischief :devil: Maker

Nmeyersailor

Hello to this awesome group

Hello to all, relatively new to the forum here and just want to say how much I appreciate this site! My wife and I would love to make the trip up from Vashon Island on our E-27, Ilex, but our new crewmember is due on July 4th! Hopefully we can catch this group at next year's rendezvous! Have a great time everyone, Poulsbo is a fun and friendly location!

Nick

1976 Ericsoson 27,
Sail # 59170
Ilex
Vashon, WA

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
Welcome

Welcome to the Group. Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your crew. We are moored in Tacoma. Are you in Quartermaster Harbor? Feel free to drive by the Rendezvous if the Admiral is up to it.
Harold and Jessie, Mischief :devil: Maker

Nmeyersailor

Thanks!

We will absolutely hop the ferry over to say hello if the crew is up for it...We are in Quartermaster at QYC...just had to make the move due to the buoy removal next month!

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
While a rendezvous t shirt can be sourced closer to the event date, the announcement to the NW sailing magazines needs to go to them pronto.
Their lead times are long.

This announcement can be short, i.e. Event name, Location and slip reservation phone #, date, and an ericson contact person via email.
Feel free to use the email address I set up for me, two years ago. I still use it for occasional 'net conversation.
sailingericson@gmail.com

or, use your own. FWIW, for over a year that address attracted zero spam, and now picks up about one such message per week. So it's turned out to be rather low-hassle.

Cheers,
Loren

ps: links to some earlier ones (just for an example):
http://content.yudu.com/A1scxa/48NJune11/resources/26.htm

http://digital.turn-page.com/i/265678-turnpage48nmarch2014/10

I will will hit up 48 North and use the email you provided as a contact. Any other rags?

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

Theanswer

Member I
The Answer

Hello all...my wife, I and two young daughters just purchased an 82 E-38. We live on Orcas Island and would love to join the group if possible. I'll have to review this thread further to get the details. She is getting hauled out in Anacortes this coming week to get an interior overhaul. Long story. Look forward to joining the group!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome!

Hello all...my wife, I and two young daughters just purchased an 82 E-38. We live on Orcas Island and would love to join the group if possible. I'll have to review this thread further to get the details. She is getting hauled out in Anacortes this coming week to get an interior overhaul. Long story. Look forward to joining the group!

A phone call to the marina office and a $5. reservation fee is all that you need. Be sure to mention that you are with the Ericson Rendezvous.
...Not sure what the question was, but an Ericson 38 is an excellent answer!
Whether under sail or power, eight knots most all the time on a delivery up the WA coast on an E-38, a couple seasons ago.
Just a fine sea boat, it is.

Regards,
Loren

Our first Rendezvous!

Hi - I just made a reservation for June 26th and 27th for slip F53 and paid my $5 bucks. The marina reservation lady was very nice! Sounds like Cinnamon will make boat number 11.

Sounded like someone volunteered to do tee shirts? If so will need at least a couple! Unless they look really nice which would mean I need a couple more. Are there any details.... sizes available etc?

Just hauled Monday.... and working through what to fix and how much fixing to do. Getting harder in a no sand boat yard. Things have really changed since my last haulout. Anyone with thoughts on replacing the lower bushing for the bottom rudder post on a 79 E30 with the aft hung rudder please sound off! I have a little slop there. Rudder shudders a wee bit under power. I will research the files but you power contributors might know directions to point!

Fred

hodo

Member III
Hi Everyone. I'm going to check into the T shirt thing this week. Can you give me an idea of how many, we also need to decide on a color. Do the ladies prefer V-neck?
Thanks, Harold,
S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

No thanks on the V-neck.

Hi Everyone. I'm going to check into the T shirt thing this week. Can you give me an idea of how many, we also need to decide on a color. Do the ladies prefer V-neck?
Thanks, Harold,

My wife prefers the regular neck of a standard T-shirt. Thanks for organizing!
Fred

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks, Harold,

Hi Harold,
My one vote is for something other than white... white or similar very light pastels tend to emphasize my expanded midriff, i.e. "Dunlaps Disease" (where "the belly done laps over the belt).
Gray, or a medium blue would suite us fine, and the tan ones from a rendezvous a few years ago look great too.

Loren
:rolleyes:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Hey Mischief Maker-

Where are you at with the t-shirts? I just met a local guy on Bainbridge Island who screen prints shirts. They can be all cotton, or a poly blend. Cost would probably be about $15-25 per shirt. Let me know if I should pursue this.

Mark

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Updated list:

1. Old Salt Joseph, 1989 E34
2. Mark Koller and Vanessa, 1990 E38 "Island Time"
3. Loren Beach, 1988 Olson 34 "Fresh Air"
4. Bob Morrison, 1987 E34 "Terra Nova"
5. Stefan Michalowski, 1988 E34 "Talpa"
6. Harold and Jessie, 1985 E38 "Mischief Maker"
7. Ruth and Greg, 1987 E32-MKIII, "Ruach"
8. Rudy, 1983 E35-MKIII, "Dawn Treader"
9. Cory Bolton, 1984 E35-MKIII, "Balancing Act"
10. Fred Dentinger, 1979 E30, "Cinnamon"
11. ?

And map:

View attachment marina map.pdf

Mark

Last edited:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Announcements should be in the upcoming 48-North, Pacific Yachting, and Freshwater News. Waiting to hear back from Northwest Yachting.

Mark