• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

'74 E-32 A-4 Cooling

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Plenty of water, temp good, I say go for it!

My muffler looks like this:
94dfaae001b11bbcdfc1d0319b9ac532.image.150x117.jpg
but I don't have an actual photo yet. As long as you're getting water out the back, and the water is running cool, you should be fine. The only thought to keep in mind is the level of the exhaust manifold on the engine in relation to the waterline at the back. If a wave pushes up from behind you, and water enters the exhaust port, is there anything stopping the water from running straight into the dry section of your engine? I thought I saw in your photos that the exhaust looped up then back down so, temporarily, you should be fine. Others may have better thoughts based on more experience, but my lack of experience says go for it.

Dean

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Keep the stand pipe design

I vote in favor of keeping the standpipe design of muffler. With that design, if done properly, you don't have to worry about cooling water backing up into the engine due to excessive cranking.

C_Breeze

I have a shut off valve at the exhaust port on the hull in the back, so Ill close that when Im not under power and I will be fine. Side note, was just looking at the picture I posted of the top of the motor and I realized that my spark plug wiring appears to be all wrong... (facepalm)

That might account for a bit of a lack of power when I put her into forward or reverse yea?

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Stay with the stand pipe exhaust, no worry about water backing up into the cylinders of the engine. You may have a build up at the entry port on the stand pipe that is blocking the water, if so you probably could gouge our the obstruction and make the exhaust work with as designed.

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
diagram

I have a shut off valve at the exhaust port on the hull in the back, so Ill close that when Im not under power and I will be fine. Side note, was just looking at the picture I posted of the top of the motor and I realized that my spark plug wiring appears to be all wrong... (facepalm)

That might account for a bit of a lack of power when I put her into forward or reverse yea?

http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3650