• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing across Lake Erie from Cleveland

woolamaloo

Member III
I've had my 1985 Ericson 30+ (hull 685) for two seasons now. I finally had the chance to sail it across Lake Erie. I've posted a few pictures on a site here: woolamaloo.com/ontario.
Here are three of my favorite pictures from the cruise.

Cleveland right after sunrise.
IMG_5786.jpg

Docked in Erieau, Ontario
erieau_300_224.jpg

Sailing to Point Pelee from Erieau
IMG_5842.jpg

u079721

Contributing Partner
Looks like great fun, and you should have many years of great sailing ahead.

By the way, on your site you mention that Woolamaloo is just a silly made up name from the Python sketch, but it's actually a district of Sydney, NSW, Australia, just SE of the Opera House and Circular Quay. The correct spelling is Woolloomooloo, but the locals do indeed pronounce it "Woolamaloo", (rhymes with Kalamazoo) which is a bit odd - but then they pronounce "Quay" as "Key". And besides, saying wool loo moo loo fast is really hard!

Steve

woolamaloo

Member III
Woolamaloo vs. Woolloomooloo

Looks like great fun, and you should have many years of great sailing ahead.

By the way, on your site you mention that Woolamaloo is just a silly made up name from the Python sketch, but it's actually a district of Sydney, NSW, Australia, just SE of the Opera House and Circular Quay. The correct spelling is Woolloomooloo, but the locals do indeed pronounce it "Woolamaloo", (rhymes with Kalamazoo) which is a bit odd - but then they pronounce "Quay" as "Key". And besides, saying wool loo moo loo fast is really hard!

Steve

Thanks for the encouragement.

I got the spelling for "Woolamaloo" from the actual Monty Python script. I'm glad they shortened it. I could have never used "Woolloomooloo." That's too silly - even though it's real.