• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 38 Winter Cover - For Sale

race7347

I have a canvas winter cover for an Ericson 38 that was on the boat when I got it a few years ago. It has been in my clean/dry basement since then and it's time to move it out. It has all of the aluminum poles that are used as the frame and the canvas. I remember there was a tear or stitching that had come out along one section (about 3 - 5 feet if I remember correctly). It could easily be repaired by a handy individual or a canvas shop. These covers are typically very expensive but I am open to any reasonable offer.

If you are interested, please call me at seven three two - twosixtwo one eight three one.

It is quite heavy so I will only bring it out of the basement if someone is seriously interested. I am located in central NJ and am willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet up for pick up.

race7347

This cover is still available

This cover is still available. Please reach out if you're interested!

Thanks!

race7347

Update on winter cover

Here's a quick update regarding the cover. I've taken it to a local canvas shop to find out what it would take to repair it. After looking it over, I got a quote of around $700 to restitch the seams and replace the zippers. I didn't get the work done, but can easily arrange for the repair. If you're interested in buying it from me for $700, you'll end up with a good cover for $1,400, considerably less than a new one.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss, please call me at seven three two - twosixtwo one eight three one.

Thanks!

hodo

Member III
Any photos when installed? What color? Any idea of shipping weight? I'm in Seattle area.
Thanks, Harold

race7347

hodo reply

I don't have any pictures of it installed (they removed it for me before I picked up the boat). It's a light green color. I'm not sure of the exact weight but I carried each half easily. If I were to guess it's probably a total of about 50 lbs. Feel free to give me a call if you want to talk more about it. If you're interested I can weigh it for you.

You can reach me at seven three two - two six two - one eight three one.

Thanks!