• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-38 Windlass

Ericsean

Member III
So yesterday at West Marine I found an Anchorlift Dolphin Windlass on the clearance rack. Box banged up and was marked down from 1150 to 800. Threw out $400 to salesman as a joke, and he countered with $650, so now I know what my winter project will be!

So I've been scouring the site for installations on older E-38's, (Mine is #3). Maybe I was dreaming, but I seem to remember one set of install photos where a fella removed the anchor locker inset, and installed a new triangular shaped board, sloping downward toward bow with new drain hole below existing one. I've been looking at posts for a while now, does anyone remember this one (Loren?)

Thanks for pointing me in right direction, I hope!

Kevin

Ericsean

Member III
Windlass

Chris,

Thanks, this is the one I had been looking for. Maybe I will do a hybrid, since I bought a vertical windlass. If I buy a length of fiberglass pipe and rip in half, can make the Catalina tube,
Also thinking about a washdown pump, may just mount a pump with a hose for a feed, that I through overboard when I want to use it, since I'd be opening the locker anyway to access the nozzle.

Since I'm 6'5, would love to come up with 6" more legroom in the Vberth while I'm at this! Now I'm dreaming!

stbdtack

Member III
e38 windlass

Hey Kevin,

I did one like that a few years back.... I put in a horizontal Lewmar 1000. Has worked flawlessly. I may have put pics on here. cant remember.