• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WITHDRAWN Sailomat Vane Gear Complete--2014 Model 800

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Upon mature reflection I concluded that I ain't done yet, and therefore to sell the vane is a ridiculous idea, and although an honorable person does not intentionally mislead one's spouse, there is an interpretation in which the repeated phrase, "and afterwards I'll just sell all the gear, honey", was a pack of lies all along, when viewed from the future, which of course is not possible to do from the past.

Essentially brand new--used two months on a cruise Los Angeles-Hawaii-Los Angeles.

Vane Price from Stellan Knoos was $5000 in April, 2014.

Offered at $3,900. Extras include six Harken blocks ($150), wheel drum ($280), 50' Spectra line and two polycarbonate vanes. Will share shipping cost. No sales tax.

Easy mounting, small stern bracket with three bolts. Weight 42 pounds. Suitable for boats 25'-55'.

Does not interfere with stern rail boarding ladder. Can be mounted off center.

The 2014 model, all anodized aluminum, features many incremental improvements over older models.

My installation and offshore demonstration:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?192-Sailomat-Installation

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...fshore-with-the-2014-Sailomat-Wind-Vane-Video

Last edited:

fool

Member III
The future when viewed from the past...

Christian, you crack me up! When you do decide to sell I'd be either a buyer or crew member on your next solo adventure. Time alone will tell...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds like a certain "bucket list" might be adding another page ...........
:rolleyes:

Go For It!

Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Sounds like a certain "bucket list" might be adding another page ...........
:rolleyes:

Go For It!

Loren

My wife simply laughs when I say things like adding this expensive item will increase the resale value of the boat, my motorcycles, the RV, the studio...on and on.

I hope you are planning another solo cruise.. This time play the spoons to one of my old buddy Mickey Roker's drum parts...lol! Buddy Rich would be cool too!