• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ad Hoc Must Do 2015 Cruise to Desolation -- Please Read

wurzner

Member III
We could not make the 2014 rendez vous (regrettably) due to previously planned trip that turned out amazing. There is an annual music festival on East Thurlow Island (www.shoalbay.ca/sb/music_festival.html, http://svcambria.webs.com/Shoal Bay.jpg) that was an absolutely amazing event. So much that we will be doing a repeat visit next year. Given folks need to plan their vacations in advance, I wanted to post this as early as possible. We really had a good time, listened to some music, played some music, and just meet a bunch of great people. Also, the prawns our friends pulled were in abundance and really large. So if there are any vikings looking for a great destination (even better if you play an instrument), please put this one on your calendar. If anyone in the group wants to get up and play, email me back channel and maybe we could put a short song-list together. Either way, this is a really nice isolated location with a fun bunch who come in from all over for a weekend of good food and entertainment. There is a really large lawn area that some people pitch tents on, but there are no roads, tv, cell, etc. They get their energy from a large generator....(to keep the kegs cool and the PA hot).

cheers,
Shaun

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That music festival you referenced seems to be sched. for Aug 8.
Unfortunately I never learned to play an instrument.
(Getting music out of an iPod does not count, does it?)
:)

That might be a good stop, if cruising that area after the Rendezvous.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Loren

Last edited:

rudy

Member II
Music Festival

We could not make the 2014 rendez vous (regrettably) due to previously planned trip that turned out amazing. There is an annual music festival on East Thurlow Island (www.shoalbay.ca/sb/music_festival.html, http://svcambria.webs.com/Shoal Bay.jpg) that was an absolutely amazing event. So much that we will be doing a repeat visit next year. Given folks need to plan their vacations in advance, I wanted to post this as early as possible. We really had a good time, listened to some music, played some music, and just meet a bunch of great people. Also, the prawns our friends pulled were in abundance and really large. So if there are any vikings looking for a great destination (even better if you play an instrument), please put this one on your calendar. If anyone in the group wants to get up and play, email me back channel and maybe we could put a short song-list together. Either way, this is a really nice isolated location with a fun bunch who come in from all over for a weekend of good food and entertainment. There is a really large lawn area that some people pitch tents on, but there are no roads, tv, cell, etc. They get their energy from a large generator....(to keep the kegs cool and the PA hot).

cheers,
Shaun

Dawntreader will be cruising Desolation Sound this summer and is planning a stop at the music festival. Maybe we will see you there. We don't play an instrument, but love to listen to others.
Cheers, Rudy & Patricia

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Ad Hock Cruise

Rudy,

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the Broughtons this year. We are starting a new house this year and I might have to bite the bullet and give up the cruise. The house was supposed to have started two years ago but the purchase of "Terra Nova" got in the way and she's now getting straightened out enough to start considering the house again. When we finish, we will be shifting our home port from Port Angeles to Sequim. Most of our cruising now is north from PA through the Gulf Islands and further.

We will see you at the rendezvous. "Terra Nova" is in slip #50 right next to "Dawnthreader"