• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need New Genoa

sklitzky

I am the new proud owner of an Ericson 35-3 and I knew I would have this problem sooner or later. I was hoping it would be later. Oh well.

I need a new Genoa
icon9.gif
. It looks like the one that come with the boat is a 150. The Sail Loft is recommending a 135. But, this is not my question. What sail cloth weight is appropriate? When I go online I see weights from 6.5 to 8.4.

I sail in Southern California, and I know there are others around here who know the conditions and can make recommendations.

In addition to day sails in the Santa Monica Bay, I want to cruise the local are, Catalina, San Diego, the Channel Islands, Santa Barbara and an north.

Please comment and help.

Thanks

kloftin

New Head sail

I also have 35-3 and my primary all around head sail is a 135 with foam luff made by Shurr Sails in Pensacola , FL that works great for cursing in my area.
Hope this helps.
e

Seth

Sustaining Partner
135 Genoa

Is a perfect size for all around use. 8.4 is way too heavy if you sail in Socal. I think 6-6.5 oz plus reinforced leech/suncover is the way to go.

Happy trails,

S

windjunkee

Member III
I have a 135 (i.e. #2) on Voice of Reason as my primary headsail. Works just fine and easier to hold a good shape when you store it on the furler.
Cloth weight is above my pay-grade. Seth knows what he's talking about. Also, call Sam Heck at Quantum Sails in Long Beach. Quantum are a little more expensive then some, a little less than others, but he KNOWS what he is talking about and is a super nice guy.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason, E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA