• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cockpit Controls

Michael Lewis

Hi all,

Nunki's (E26) single lever port side cockpit control has given up the ghost. The button to engage/disengage the transmission has stopped working. My guess is that something inside the unit has broken.

My questions are:
- is it fixable, can the unit be opened to see if the mechanism can be repaired
- does anyone have one for sale
- any recommendations on a replacement
I think it is an original part, I am led to believe it was sourced by Ericson, it is not Westebeke part. I have the original 10-2 engine.

Glad this happened at the dock!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Michael,
I have the same boat and engine.... but my controls are still working..... so I have never had it out to see if it is a serviceable design.
I have however installed a few back in the days when I build power boats, and they are all pretty simple to install. In a perfect world where money was not a deciding factor, I would not waste the time fiddling with the old one which has definitely lived a long and fruitful life, and I would let it die in peace.
It may be something as simple as a slipped cable that could easily be fixed though, so I'd say you cant hurt what is already broken, if $300 sounds steep than Id fiddle with it a bit.
Not much help really but it's my $0.02

below is a link to a similar style dual function, single stick, side mount, lever that looks nice.

http://www.go2marine.com/item/99997/stainless-steel-single-lever-remote-control-sisco-sisco.html