• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 starting battery location

Haiku

Member II
I can't find any existing threads about this, however I'm sure there are.

I currently have the standard 2-group 24 battery setup on my E27. My start battery needs to be replaced which got me thinking about adding some more capacity. Two group 24's fit perfectly in the starboard locker under the bench, as they are designed to do. I was thinking of adding a second house battery to that spot and moving the start battery somewhere else. I have a Yanmar 2GMF which requires a 70AH 400CCA battery. So if necessary, I could get away with something smaller than a group 24.

I'm sure many people have done this, just curious to know where they've put them.
And my reason for wanting to add more capacity is that I'm using an Engel marine fridge. The one group 24 I currently have is 80AH. When I'm out, I only anchor. I do have a 35W solar panel but that doesn't keep up with the fridge. I have a Link20 battery monitor which helps me track my usage.

Thanks!

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
I have an E-26 and I added a full house bank of four 6volt golf cart batteries (420ah) in addition to the twin starter batteries (group 24s). Its allot of power for a boat my size, but its never too much!
You can read about it in the blog section, its a recent post.