• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23 Hand pump Faucet not working

Ranch hand

My hand pump faucet is not working. There is old water in the holding tank and I want to get it out of there so I can clean the tank. Air comes out of the faucet when I pump it but no water. When I cover the faucet with my finger it build up pressure so I don't think its a seal. Any ideas on what's going wrong or if I need to prime it and How??? I m leaving this Friday for the east side of santa cruz island and this would be a nice amenity.

Vagabond39

Member III
Water

Depending on the verticle displacement between the water levle and the tap, it might take some pumping to purge the air out of the line. You might try priming the pump with a plastic bottle of water, squeezed into the output tap. Otherwise, attempt to pressurize the tank and blow water through the supply hose. If the tank is easily accessed, check for debris or sediment blocking the outlet.

Glyn Judson

Pump problems.

Dear friend, If your hand pump is like the two I have aboard, there may well be a check ball at the bottom end of the pump assembly. If I don't operate my Fynspray pumps from time to time, mineral deposits form between the ball and the seat resulting in the pump seemingly not working (well, it doesn't then does it?) Try dislodging the ball by removing the water supply hose and use a wooden chop stick to break it free by gently pushing up on the ball. Failing that, remove the entire assembly and take it all apart on your workbench or kitchen counter. Odds are that it's something simple and you may be able to repair it without having to buy a single replacement part. All the best of luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA