• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

V Belts

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
I have a MXP25XP with the standard alternator set up.....51 amp Motorola. Has anyone used the Gates XL7395 belt on this set up. I think Lauren might have tried this belt but never heard if it was successful or not. There is a lot of belt info out there but I am not always sure if it refers to the standard alternator or not. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan Callen Ericson 32-3 Andiamo

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
V belt

Loren- Please excuse the spelling error but thanks for the response. I have one of those belts so I will put it to good use. Appreciate the info. Thanks, Dan Callen

drcam1

Member II
I recently changed belts on my boat (same set up as yours) I found that the Gates XL notched 3/8 inch wide by 40 inch v-belt worked the best. The 41 inch belt when tensioned correctly allowed the alternator to touch the engine room insulation, and the 39 inch belt was too short. The 40 inch belt is tight getting over the pulleys (a little) but fits wonderfully once tensioned and the alternator is in great alignment. I believe it is #7400.