• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Main sail and Genoa wanted for an E32

Chris Knudsen

Member II
I am looking for a mainsail and genoa for an E32. They don't need to be perfect, just useable and inexpensive. The sails I have are in very poor condition and I was told that I shouldn't take it out in anything over 10kts of wind. I will be buying new sails in a year or two, just need something to get me by. The budget is tight because I have two little ones. Heck, I'm lucky my wife even lets me have a boat at all. ;)

windjunkee

Member III
Chris,

I don't have a main for you, but I have a Kevlar Laminate #1 from Ullman with #6 luff rope from 2005 I can give you for the cost of packing and shipping. I have a 32-2 so its the older dimensions.
Its well used but not blown by any means. It was retired in 2010 and its just sitting around my garage taking up space.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Chris Knudsen

Member II
I now have a genoa (thanks Jim) but I am still searching for a new main. Would also be interested in an extra genoa if it is set up for a furler with UV protection.

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Aaaargh! I just tore my Genoa on my 32-2 hull#165

What a coincidence, I just found a 4' long tear along the UV protection of my genoa after it self un-furled a little at the slip. I'm having mine repaired now, but I'll be looking for a new or lightly used headsail and/or main as well next year or the year after (depending on other expenses).

Please let me know how yours works out when you get it done. I'm on the east coast, so probably can't use the same company, but the process is new to me, so that could help too.

Also, if anyone has an older, smaller jib laying around that I could buy, I may be in the market. I'm not sure my newly repaired 155% genoa will stand up to 15+ kts of wind.

Best Wishes!
Dean Hinton
Vivant
1970 32-2 Hull #165
Rock Hall, MD