• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Race to the Straits- Puget Sound

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
I know that it is a ways off, but anyone interested in a really fun race/party in the Puget Sound should really consider the Sloop Tavern Race to the Straits on May 1 and 2. Briefly, the race is open to single or double-handed boats. The race is time on distance, so the slowest boats start first, with the idea in mind that all boats finish on paper at the same time. Last year, 56 boats entered, and all boats finished within an hour of each other. The course is Saturday, Shilshole to Port Townsend, with the Sloop providing kegs and food at the marina, and then on Sunday race back to Shilshole. Truly a fun race. Last year on my Ericson 27 we completed the 31 mile course from Shilshole to Port Townsend in about 4.5 hours! All boats must be in the marina by 8pm each night. Boats ranged from Moore 24s, to Icon to Perry 66, with all manner of race boats and crusing boats in between.

Nigel

chasandjudy

chas and judy
hands across the water race

The is the 40th anniversary of this race from Victoria to port Angeles sponsored Turkey Head Sailing Association & hosted by the Port Angeles Yacht Club The Crab Festival is on and a Potluck dinner will be served after
the Race at PAYC skippers meeting is at 09:30 Oak Bay Marina October 7/06
Race starts traditionally off Harling Point near Trial Island at 10:30.

Last year our E30+ was #5 great race a challange in navigation more than
sailing skills this is my 25 th attempt.

Chas and judy on Eden E30+:0305_alar :0305_alar

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Hey Nig...

This may sound wierd, but I really like your boat...If I can figure out a way to be in the PNW, what about I sail with you in the 2 handed group?:0305_alar :0305_alar

I have sworn of racing any distances in boats under 30 feet (due to old age-not snobbishness), but might make an exception:rolleyes: ......I am not too old to sail T-10's, so I can handle the 27 for 31 miles.:nerd:

Of course, if you have a regular crew I would not want to displace anyone, but it does sound like fun.. :D

Over...?
S

wurzner

Member III
If that is not the Round Whidbey weekend (it typically is, but I think next year it will be a week early), I would be willing to take my boat down from Everett and do the race. You may want to post this in the PNW group as well.

shaun

chasandjudy

chas and judy
This may sound wierd, but I really like your boat...If I can figure out a way to be in the PNW, what about I sail with you in the 2 handed group?:0305_alar :0305_alar

I have sworn of racing any distances in boats under 30 feet (due to old age-not snobbishness), but might make an exception:rolleyes: ......I am not too old to sail T-10's, so I can handle the 27 for 31 miles.:nerd:

Of course, if you have a regular crew I would not want to displace anyone, but it does sound like fun.. :D

Over...?
S

My phone number in Victoria B.C. is 250 478 3669 if you can be here any Sunday you can sleep on the boat if necessary and we'll go racing OK?
cell # is 888 4503 and is always on prefix 250
Charlie Pash 2738 Cornerstone Terrace
Victoria B.C. V8W 1H1