swim platform kind of

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
The AGM batteries that power my electric drive are 6 years old. I have noticed a reduction in range when motoring longer distances. To extend the range I can use a portable generator to charge the batteries, I've only done that once but it has been a part of the electric propulsion plan from the start. The one time we used the generator it sat in the cockpit next to me, not the best place even if it is a relatively quite Honda 2000i. I bought a set of Mastercraft 235 removable swim platform brackets and built a platform. Now the generator can sit behind the cockpit when needed and we get an extra 3' of "deck" space :).gen platform2.jpggen platform.jpg

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Looks nice! I have thought of adding something just like that many times but I always find something else in front of it on the list. I'm sure if I was in warmer water it might be higher on the list.
Did you abandon your boarding ladder?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
The AGM batteries that power my electric drive are 6 years old. I have noticed a reduction in range when motoring longer distances. To extend the range I can use a portable generator to charge the batteries, I've only done that once but it has been a part of the electric propulsion plan from the start. The one time we used the generator it sat in the cockpit next to me, not the best place even if it is a relatively quite Honda 2000i. I bought a set of Mastercraft 235 removable swim platform brackets and built a platform. Now the generator can sit behind the cockpit when needed and we get an extra 3' of "deck" space :).

Very nicely done and innovative! :clap:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Shelman,

There was never a ladder on the transom. Now that I have the platform I think it wound be nice to be able to enter the boat from the stern when the platform is mounted. That will require reworking the stern pulpit......

Thanks Jeff.

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
I have to crawl under up the ladder over the transom an squeeze under the stern pulpit because there is not an opening. but its not all that bad. lots of compromise on a 26' boat anyway.

Tadzik

Member I
My platform recently installed on E-29

For those of you, considering adding swim platform on your boats, I am giving another idea.

Attachments

• 1024x768_bestfit.jpg
    1024x768_bestfit.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 117
  • large.jpg
    large.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 307