• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show us your recent Ericson photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
From Wikipedia:

The sixth track on the Grateful Dead's 1974 album From the Mars Hotel is titled "Pride of Cucamonga".

Paul
E29 "Bear"

That's Right Paul. No Rancho on my boat. When I was 18 years old (1974) and first heard that album and that song, I decided when I finally get a sailboat I would name her the "Pride Of Cucamonga". I was living in Walla Walla, WA at the time and didn't even know Cucamonga was a place in California until I moved down here in 1982. Turned out to be a perfect name for a Southern California boat. :nerd:

Note the six legged lizard on the back of the album cover. That graphic is on my transom along with the name. I designed T-Shirts with that transom sign and a friend who actually knows Phil Lesh from the Grateful Dead said when Phil saw that shirt, he asked if he could have one. So Phil wears my transom. :0 Phil also wrote and sang the song.

Please enjoy the music:

http://youtu.be/IFSnOZy955U

And the funnies!
"Train leaving on track five for Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga"

http://youtu.be/ygVFbz6AsnE

Attachments

• MarsHotelAlbumCoverFront.jpg
    MarsHotelAlbumCoverFront.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 43
  • MarsHotelAlbumCoverBack.jpg
    MarsHotelAlbumCoverBack.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Filippi-Grenache-Noir-05.jpg
    Filippi-Grenache-Noir-05.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:

adam

Member III
In the slip today... nearly stripped naked while getting prepped for painting.

I'll try to post again, once she's painted and put back together..

CAM00246 copy.jpg

adam

Member III
Interesting. Let us know how it turns out. Roll and tip method I assume.

I apologize if we're derailing this thread.

Maybe I'm misguided, but I'm right now I'm probably not planning on using the roll and tip method. Most of the deck has that square textured non-skid, which I'm just rolling out. Another significant portion of the deck is spaces between non-skid, along the toerail, etc which are probably too narrow to bother rolling. Pretty much the only large flat sections which seem most suitable for rolling and tipping are in the cockpit.

So, right now I'm planning on rolling out the non-skid (tan) and just brushing the rest of the deck.

As for how it looks, any problems with the look of it will undoubtedly be to my inexperience rather than the quality of the paint.

The bigger question will be how well it holds up.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I apologize if we're derailing this thread.

Maybe I'm misguided, but I'm right now I'm probably not planning on using the roll and tip method. Most of the deck has that square textured non-skid, which I'm just rolling out. Another significant portion of the deck is spaces between non-skid, along the toerail, etc which are probably too narrow to bother rolling. Pretty much the only large flat sections which seem most suitable for rolling and tipping are in the cockpit.

So, right now I'm planning on rolling out the non-skid (tan) and just brushing the rest of the deck.

As for how it looks, any problems with the look of it will undoubtedly be to my inexperience rather than the quality of the paint.

The bigger question will be how well it holds up.

I have painted my boot stripes with Brightsides using the roll and tip method. It came out really well in appearance. Looks like it was sprayed. The trick is to roll out a small section at a time and tip quickly. I also learned to use foam rollers with foam brushes. I recently did the boot stripe all the way around my E-27 and it took less than a half hour. I thinned the paint no more than 10 percent with mineral spirits. I am now thinking about doing my top sides in the same way. Yeah, would have to use a brush in the tight areas. Remember it's all in the prep! Sand, mask & prime.

jcabell

e38 Skipper
Navy Blew, 1985 e38

On May 31 after a brisk ride across the Chespeake, we enjoyed a quiet evening at Onancock on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Two different sailors on the dock that day made a point to ask who makes such a fine looking vessel.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 835

mggrave

Havoc E32-2

Taken on Lewis and Clark Lake in Yankton SD.

Attachments

• Grave Jly3dt 2013.jpg
    Grave Jly3dt 2013.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG1071.jpg
    IMAG1071.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.