• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show us your recent Ericson photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbrew

1978 e27

I am proud to say that I have joined the club.

Attachments

• 2014-05-31_17-11-12_523.jpg
    2014-05-31_17-11-12_523.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,361

Guy Stevens

Yes Please do so!

I could show you how to fly my kite rig, much cheaper. :rolleyes:

I would love to see your kite rig, thinking of rigging my own up, and would love to see the issues you have overcome so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
The Kite Cam

Guy,

The next time I'm at the boat, I will take a photo of the picavet I made.

We are leaving for the BVI in a couple days for a week long charter trip aboard a Foutain-Pujot Cat, so it may take me a couple weeks.

The kite is a run-of-the-mill delta kite ($50). I made the picavet out of two very light steel strips laid on top of each other to form an "X". They are attached at the middle with a ss bolt threaded the same size as the GoPro Hero 2 camera mount. At each corner of the steel strips I have eye bolts with nylon strings running through to form the harness. The nylon stings all pass through the same ss washer.

In the meantime, here's a video I shot last year with the kite cam of our 32-200 in the Gulf of Mexico. Please ignore the sail trim, the Admiral down't like healing....lol!

http://youtu.be/sbZJ3sUyheE

Rick

James Matthews

Trip last fall to St. Michaels, MD from Annapolis. I was able to hold wing on wing for a good bit (no pole) which felt like a feat but was really just luck! Just my brother and I on one of our first sails.IMG_2153.jpgIMG_2160.jpg

Fparry

Member II
Wheres the dodger Fred?:clap:

Luna looks great!

Rick, i removed the dodger last season to have it re-stitched. Once off I decided I liked sailing without it so much more than with it. The boat looks better, better visibility while at the helm and more maneuverability around the deck. Much easier to get below also as my old bones are not required to bend over so much. As I live and sail in upstate New York and not sunny florida I found that I didn't miss it one bit. It's back on now but only until it warms up a little.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Skipper Jeff sailing back at the turn of the Century. Not Y2K, the other one. :rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/qsfi2q-28AI

And just a little day sail back in February of this year because it's Southern California and I can. :egrin:
http://youtu.be/KUQfHBoiyf8

I saw your video you shot from the top of the mast. You were aksing to be lowered to the first spreader for ladies lingerie and men's unmentionables....lol!:0

Someone has an Ericson only youtube channel. Theres a nice old 1974 35 sailing in Maine.

Dave N

Member III
had to post...

Saw this and could not help myself...

Attachments

• gas9.jpg
    gas9.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,007
Status
Not open for further replies.