• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show us your recent Ericson photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Sailing in December 74 Degrees

After spending the past two weeks with visiting family we finally made it out on a foggy morning with 9-10 knot winds. Spectacular day.

Woo hoo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 71

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
After spending the past two weeks with visiting family we finally made it out on a foggy morning with 9-10 knot winds. Spectacular day. Woo hoo!

Rick - Good on ya! I'm not jealous. Of course not... I'm the visiting family that after 3 daze, like fish, begins to smell.

Question: I notice that you have Winchers on your cabin top winch(es). Having all self tailers on my E-34 and my son's PS/E-303 I assumed that they were standard on all 80s vintage E-boats. Not so?

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Rick - Good on ya! I'm not jealous. Of course not... I'm the visiting family that after 3 daze, like fish, begins to smell.

Question: I notice that you have Winchers on your cabin top winch(es). Having all self tailers on my E-34 and my son's PS/E-303 I assumed that they were standard on all 80s vintage E-boats. Not so?

Those were onboard when we bought the boat. I was going to get rid of them until I learned how useful they are. I had to watch a video to learn that unlike my self tailing sheet winches for the headsail, they don't require you to put the line in the groove. Of course I would prefer self tailing on the cabintop. I wonder why ours didn't have them.

Wet Willy

This morning I shoveled snow (again) - temperature seven degrees. With the extreme weather we’ve been having in the Northeast, time to hunker down, plan the 2015 season projects/cruising...and post a couple photos from our 2014 Leif Ericson weekend.
:egrin:

IMG_5778.jpgIMG_5797.jpg

tripper_dave

Member II
A while yet til splash....

photo 1.JPG
Dragonfly all snug in her winter blanket.
Just over 8 weeks to launch, sigh....
rotatedphoto 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Leaving Port Hudson after the Ericson Rondezvous

We woke up to misty rain and fog as we prepared to leave Port Hudson Marina. (The wind had been blowing across the Strait of Juan De Fuca for the three preceding sunny days.) The waters were flat as we left the marina but when we turned the corner to head out into the Strait, we were met with heavy fog and large waves with about 40-50 feet between them. Needless to say, our E38, Amazing Grace, would rise up the wave and then dive down the backside burying the bow at the bottom of the trough only to come back up with water poring down the decks. We put up with this until we were far enough out the we could turn to take the waves more on the side and still make our course to San Juan Island - and to stabilize the radar so we could "see" in the fog. The picture below shows the bow rising up with water running down the deck. Check the horizon showing in the right hand lower corner. Thanks. Dave & Donna-Marie

2011 Ericson Rendevouz Cruise 092.jpg

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Thanks for posting your photos everyone!

Here at a couple taken by a neighbor from our marina as the wind kicked up and the Admiral required a reef in the main and jib.

Hang in there Tripper Dave! Spring is on the way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

DanielW

E-28 Owner
Wysiwyg in Riau

Wysiwyg, my E28-2, screaming through the Riau Archipelago, Indonesia, last week.

Attachments

• 11001632_10152586046872035_4780346584985576128_o.jpg
    11001632_10152586046872035_4780346584985576128_o.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 406

DanielW

E-28 Owner
and another one

Another shot of WYSIWYG.

Attachments

• 10991465_10152586074777035_6509637895103750889_o.jpg
    10991465_10152586074777035_6509637895103750889_o.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 406

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Today off Pensacola NAS

Took my dad out today to watch the Blue Angels. The winds were very light but we had a great time. Four hours of father/son sailing.

Here is a photo taken from my friend's boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

woolamaloo

Member III
First trip of the season - Lake Erie

I winter my boat in Vermilion, OH - about 6 hours (at hull speed) from where I dock in Cleveland. I launched on 4/20/15 and after getting everything ready on several cold and windy days, I decided to work from the boat for a few days and headed to Put-in-Bay. Put-in-Bay is the most popular resort town on the Lake Erie islands - but not for another month. I had the dock to myself - literally. I was the only boat where in a few weeks they'll be rafting off each other four deep.
put-in-bay-043015.jpg
I was treated to a sunrise and a great sail to Cleveland on May 1st.
ballast-island-050115.jpg
Jim
Woolamaloo
1985 E30+ Hull #685

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Good on ya Jim!

I just returned from a 600 mile catamaran trip. Although that cat is spacious and fast, it just doesn't seem alive like my Eboat. Here's a photo looking at a full moon rising in the SE as I type this. I wonder how many of our members can navigate with a sextant. I am quite proficient with sun sights but moon and stars are graduate level. Metzger, Beach, Asbury and Willaims probably can do the stars and moon.

Last edited:

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Moon Light

Picture received, Rick. Ah, moonlight..."that tender light which Heaven to gaudy day denies." I think that was Byron. Anyway, it's strange how modern cameras can make a night time moon shot look like dusk. Here's a picture of Annabel Lee trucked in for the night behind one of Georgia's barrier islands. It's after 2130 hours and to the human eye it's dark. At least until the moon starts climbing into the sky. We have the oil lamps trimmed and I just went topside to check things when I saw the moon and thought it looked particularly clear and bright and so I would try to get a picture. Well nuts. The result looks like near daylight. Whatever....

Larry Lee
Annabel Lee E 32-200
Savannah, GA

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.