• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show us your recent Ericson photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapnkd

kapnkd
I, for one, would like to see more pictures of everyone's boats :) not quite the season yet?

Moored in Bell Harbor last night, downtown Seattle. Brought the boat over from Bainbridge Island so I could sail some co-workers around in the evening, then figured -- why sail back across? Everything I own is right here.

View attachment 26661
View attachment 26662

Got to agree Geoff, I really enjoy seeing photos of everyone’s Ericsons.

What would be great is a a separate EYO page/link displaying these photos full screen as a slide show. I’d certainly use it as a screensaver and bet the rest of us would too. (hint hint)

BTW - Awesome nighttime photo with the city in the background! WOW!!
-kerry

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I, for one, would like to see more pictures of everyone's boats :) not quite the season yet?

Moored in Bell Harbor last night, downtown Seattle. Brought the boat over from Bainbridge Island so I could sail some co-workers around in the evening, then figured -- why sail back across? Everything I own is right here.

View attachment 26661
View attachment 26662

Wow Geoff!

When I started this thread I knew we’d see beautiful boats. Your photos make me want to hold onto my 32-200. We are looking at a Stevens 47, which is beautiful too but nothing like the lines you’ve captured in these pics. Thanks again!
Rick

L

Leslie Newman

I have a few pics of Osprey after I finished painting the bottom and waxing the hull this year.
No pics taken yet after she was splashed.
Bruce King designed such a beautiful boat.

Waxed_1.jpg

Waxed_2.jpg

Attachments

• Waxed4.jpg
    Waxed4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:

kapnkd

kapnkd
View attachment 27052

Ghosting along last night at sunset.

GREAT PHOTO!! ...Jealous as we’re still not launching due to high water at our club to the point many docks are still underwater, dock posts are not yet put in and electric cannot be turned on.

Boat is ready for launch - just waiting on momma nature with a good West wind to carry the excess waters over Niagra.

67rway

Member II
Chasin' down the 105's

Spring racing on the Columbia River.

Attachments

• April 30, 2019 (2).jpg
    April 30, 2019 (2).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
  • April 30, 2019 (1).jpg
    April 30, 2019 (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Gotta love it. The J105 is lighter, deeper keel, longer waterline and later design.

So tell me, boat for boat what's the deal? Is the Olson simply faster?

67rway

Member II
a blind squirrel??

Gotta love it. The J105 is lighter, deeper keel, longer waterline and later design.

So tell me, boat for boat what's the deal? Is the Olson simply faster?

I'm going with dumb luck, and a bit of good fortune. Normally they own these reachy conditions, but that night they drove each other to the shadowed (Washington) side of the course with a NNW breeze, and we went for clearer air on the other side.

Fact is we each have our preferred conditions. We own it in light W/L course conditions with the tall rig and sym kite. They whup us when the wind pipes up and/or it's a reachy course.

FWIW they owe us 18 sec per/mile under NW PHRF.

L

Leslie Newman

Sailing on the Rappahannock River this past Memorial weekend...

Osprey_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

boyle_brian

Newport to Ensenada

We did the Newport to Ensenada race last month. It took us just about 30 hours. What a blast! Too bad I don't have a photo of us finishing, but this is us approaching Todos Santos Bay in the home stretch.

Ericson 32-3 "Tui"
Newport Beach
IMG_6153.jpg

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
We did the Newport to Ensenada race last month. It took us just about 30 hours. What a blast! Too bad I don't have a photo of us finishing, but this is us approaching Todos Santos Bay in the home stretch.

Ericson 32-3 "Tui"
Newport Beach
View attachment 27134

Would love to hear more about your experiences racing a 32-3. Also how you rigged up your pole, what your deck hardware looks like, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.