• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show us your recent Ericson photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
You don't see this everyday. 2 cruising 31's side by side at Catalina. We were very happy to meet up with Glyn and Marilyn Judson out at the island.
Here you can see some of the differences between the E31C, and the Independence 31. Mainly it's the ports and the rig.
E31s.jpg
Imagine our surprise when we saw this boat show up the day we were leaving.
wanderingstar.jpg

On board Summerwind

Attachments

• Summerwind.jpg
    Summerwind.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
You don't see this everyday. 2 cruising 31's side by side at Catalina. We were very happy to meet up with Glyn and Marilyn Judson out at the island.
Here you can see some of the differences between the E31C, and the Independence 31. Mainly it's the ports and the rig.

Great that both your and Glyn's boats were able to moor next to each other Martin. Was this the first time you have been in the same local with Dawn Treader? Three beautiful Ericson's indeed!

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Great that both your and Glyn's boats were able to moor next to each other Martin. Was this the first time you have been in the same local with Dawn Treader? Three beautiful Ericson's indeed!

Not the first time, but it's been a long time since all of our schedules aligned to allow this.

Martin

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
On the Hook

Here are couple from yesterday anchored at Redfish Point just inside Pensacola Pass. Had the wind scoop up before firing up the AC. It was H O T!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

dt222

Member III
Getting towards the end of the season

At the float.

Attachments

• From Android 3Sept14 815.jpg
    From Android 3Sept14 815.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 500

Grizz

Grizz
Mac Start Dock Departure

7 crewmembers brimming with energy, anticipation and enthusiasm, stowing gear not needed until arrival to Mackinac Island, 300+ nm and unknown hours later.

Attachments

• Mac Departure '14.jpg
    Mac Departure '14.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 489

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
7 crewmembers brimming with energy, anticipation and enthusiasm, stowing gear not needed until arrival to Mackinac Island, 300+ nm and unknown hours later.

Man I would live to crew in that race some day. Spend time in Chicago and Mackinac as a kid.

LEB

Member I
Poor man's bimini

sometimes its a motorboat

Attachments

• NCM_0036.jpg
    NCM_0036.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 975

Steve A

Member II
new dodger

Installed my new dodger yesterday. Had the side windows made to wrap up the top so dodger2.jpgI can still see out when heeled

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice!

Kevin, that action shot (#4) is awesome. If you have a high resolution version of it, send it along to Good Old Boat. While several magazines (print & digi) would love it for a "cover" what they have told me in the past is that the orientation needs to be vertical for best fit, with room for titles.
Still, our boat made it into the GOB digi issue, and I bet that yours would too.

Regards,
Loren

MarcusJtown

Member II
Mark rounding

Here's one from a couple Tuesdays ago. Funny because I heard the skipper on the other boat yell "put the F'in camera away and get the spin down!!" as we were rounding.

Granuelle Rounding.jpg

Glyn Judson

Why I don't race.

Marcus and all, snip.>"put the F'in camera away and get the spin down!!" Just one of many examples of why I no long will race my boats. When we lived in Canada we'd race our one design boat every Sunday afternoon against others until I realized that seemingly nice people turned nasty when competing. There's no room in my life to get nasty or to be treated so, thus I choose to leave the racing to the other guys & gals. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Status
Not open for further replies.