• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1988 Ericson 38-200 for sale in Nadi, Fiji

mark reed

Member III
1988 Ericson 38-200 for sale in Queensland, Australia

Start your cruise on the beautiful east coast of Australia. The third owners of this beautiful Ericson 38-200 have reluctantly concluded that it is time to end our sailing adventures for now. We have owned her since 2002, and have cruised her extensively in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, California, Mexico, French Polynesia, Tonga, and Fiji. A few highlights of the work we have done along the way:
2014 - new standing rigging, Lofrans windlass completely overhauled
2013 – new Raritan PHII head
2012 - new Lewmar forward and main hatches, new lifelines and steering cables
2011 – full boat covers (extend to top lifeline), white Sunbrella
2010 – Honda EU-2000 portable 2kw generator.
2009 - Icom M802 SSB, Hydrovane self-steering system, 55-lb Rocna anchor, 200 feet of 5/16” high test chain, hard bimini topped with 130w of solar panels.
2008 - re-powered with a new Universal M35B and transmission in 2008 (now has about 1000 hours); 3-blade Max-Prop.
2007 – Avon Riblite dinghy, Yamaha 8hp outboard, standing rigging, masthead sheaves, halyards, mainsail, and dodger.
2003 – JRC color radar/chartplotter, ACR GPIRB (new battery in 2011), Viking 4-man double-floor liferaft (repacked 2009)
Previous owner also installed some very nice upgrades, such as a Lofrans windlass, and an electric halyard winch on the starboard cabin top. Other equipment includes Adler-Barbour 12v refrigeration (overhauled in 2012), pressure water, 3-burner propane stove with oven, VHF, two depthsounders, one with forward-scanning sonar. Full-batten double-reef main (Banks, 2007) is very good, 140% genoa (Halsey-Lidgard) is serviceable, 80% jib (Doyle) is like new, 1 oz cruising spinnaker (North) with sock is very good.
Two 65cf galvanized dive tanks included
55gal aluminum fuel tank (cleaned and spot welded in 2008); 80gal fresh water in 3 plastic tanks (bleached and rinsed at the end of every season).

Last edited:

NDO

Hi Mark,

I would be interested to get more details about your boat for sale via PM or email.

Thanks.

trenton

Member I
Ericson 38

Mark
We are presently looking at 38-200 here in San Carlos Mexico. My wife is a little concerned about the sea kindly characteristics of this boat. We had a C&C 30 and she does not want a larger version of the C&C. Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated. trenton.wannjr@gmail.com is my email
Thanks
Trenton

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
another E-38 in Mexico

Mark
We are presently looking at 38-200 here in San Carlos Mexico. My wife is a little concerned about the sea kindly characteristics of this boat. We had a C&C 30 and she does not want a larger version of the C&C. Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated. trenton.wannjr@gmail.com is my email
Thanks
Trenton

Is that the '87 model with the Yanmar engine that's been on CL?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/4919335802.html

I was kind of thinking about going down south to look at that boat... I'm just a tad unsure about buying a boat in another country...
:confused:

The E-38: Sea kindly, indeed. I did a windy delivery up the Washington coast in large seas a couple of summers ago on an E-38-200. Fast boat - 8 kts under power in smooth water, and 8+ kts with only a genny in a 20 kt following wind. I was sleeping in the fore peak in luxurious comfort on the off watch.

That hull has a lot of V in the fore foot and a smooth sea motion - no pounding. Bruce King really found the sweet spot for speed and comfort in his 80's Ericson hulls. (IMHO)
Not like I have an opinion, of course!
:)

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

trenton

Member I
Ericson 38

That is the one!! Will have a broker down here handle transaction so boat will actually be sold in the States, but we want to continue sailing down here so that works for us
thanks for reply
tw

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Be sure to look for corrosion on the keel bolts and taste for salty water in the bilge!

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That E-38 in Mexico (soon... yours...?)

That is the one!! Will have a broker down here handle transaction so boat will actually be sold in the States, but we want to continue sailing down here so that works for us
thanks for reply
tw

You have just saved us from.... ourselves!

Loren in PDX

Last edited:

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Motoring bow-on in 20 knot headwind and short steep 4-5 foot swells yesterday. Our e38 took them like a champ, smooth as butter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 359

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Rick,
There is one for sale in Mystic Ct. Let me know if you want me to bring it down to you.

Fred, Are you a yacht broker?

As it happens I just exchanged emails with a broker in New York, regarding an Ericson38. Nothing concrete at this point, just gathering information.

LB

Fparry

Member II
As a matter of fact I am a broker although I have no connection what so ever to the boat I mentioned. I was just tempting Rick.

Plus the trip to Florida might be nice.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
As a matter of fact I am a broker although I have no connection what so ever to the boat I mentioned. I was just tempting Rick.

Plus the trip to Florida might be nice.

Man I would love to I've up to a 38-200. I actually have family in Mystic. Of course you are welcome to come down here Fred. I think we'd have a blast comparing our boats.