• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

BLOG "rules"

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A little update for any site user wanting to start a Blog.
If.... you put a Question into your blog it may get deleted.
When you put out a call for information, input, or help, this type of text Belongs in a Forum Thread.
Blogs are strictly expository, i.e. where someone is talking about something they did, observed, or built.
Followup Commentary is allowed, but normally without pictures.
The owner of the blog can attach pix, of course.

So, any questions need to go in the appropriate Forum.

This is how the site is constructed, and really helps with searching. With many thousands of posts, the archives are frickin' huge, and some content organization is required.

A Thread note:
Also, while I am on the subject of "best use" or "best practice" please also do a quick check for existing threads when you are about to create one. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with starting a thread that's close to, but not quite identical to the main subject of the older one...

Threads do sometimes evolve to where the OP's question is pretty much lost, and sometimes they "devolve" too! When I have the time and inclination, I break out a significant change in subject and use it to launch a new thread that is more on-target. I believe than any moderator can perform this function.

Anyhow, please do keep Blog entries true to the nature of that part of the site.
Otherwise, your question-in-the-wrong place will disappear, and you will need to recreate it in a Forum.

That is all. Carry on.

Loren

:egrin:

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The Mechanics:

Blog Title Icons: Figure with small red "x" (Awaiting Moderation); tool icon (Draft Post, not yet published); yellow pencil icon (click to Edit Blog Entry).

Photographs: Here's how the forum software handles pictures for blogs, and also for forum threads:

--Open the draft blog entry. Click the edit (yellow pencil) icon on the title. Scroll down through Additional Options to Attachments.

--Click manage Attachments. Click Add Files. Click Choose File.

--Choose File opens the contents of your computer. Locate the photo required and open it. Click Upload.

Before doing this, use your photo editor to prepare the pictures. If you rename them specifically ("Ericson 32 rub rail section"), each photo will be searchable worldwide. Crop and tune the picture as desired. Resize if necessary (800x600 preferred).

--Upload. This adds the chosen photo to your personal collection on EricsonYachts.org. It stays there, should you wish to use it again anywhere on the site. Since EY.o hosts its own photos, there are no dead picture links here.

--Check the box on the uploaded photo and click Insert. The picture will appear in the text wherever the cursor was last. You can then further move it around with cursor or paragraph key. Yes, occasionally, the program balks. Photos don't show up on the Preview screen, or appear oversized (resize them), or behave oddly. Re-open the blog entry and try again.

To Publish the finished entry, change the Publish Status box from Draft to Publish Now.

dochecht

Sailor Leon
How do I post a question?

As I am new to this site how do I post a question?
I am looking for specifications for my Ericson 333 Regatta as I am wanting to register the boat to get a PHRF rating?
Thanks,
Leon

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
As I am new to this site how do I post a question?
I am looking for specifications for my Ericson 333 Regatta as I am wanting to register the boat to get a PHRF rating?
Thanks,
Leon

Hello and welcome to the group!
Questions go into a Forum.
For instance this sort of inquiry would fit well into the Cruising & Racing Forum.

Put in as much information as you have...
Year? Is yours a PSC-built Ericson? What length, beam, draft?
And where do you sail?
Do you presently have the contact info for your local or nearest PHRF authority?
Are you already a member of US Sailing? Are you in a yacht club and if so do they have a handicapper?

I do not mean to pepper you with questions, but I have been through this and this is the sort of a starting point for information.

Regards,
Loren