• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1974 27' masthead sheaves and pins size

Skellig

Having the jib halyard jam in the masthead of my 1974 27' this past autumn while prepping for the long winter that we just survived in Michigan, it is now time to face likely repairs to the sheave and possibly the halyard too. Does anyone out there know the dimensions of the sheaves and pins in the masthead? Both will be replaced on the main and jib as a proactive measure. Could you recommend a good source for the parts?
Thank You. :cheers:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Having the jib halyard jam in the masthead of my 1974 27' this past autumn while prepping for the long winter that we just survived in Michigan, it is now time to face likely repairs to the sheave and possibly the halyard too. Does anyone out there know the dimensions of the sheaves and pins in the masthead? Both will be replaced on the main and jib as a proactive measure. Could you recommend a good source for the parts?
Thank You. :cheers:

I have not needed any new sheaves... yet, but this guy seems to get very good reviews. You do need the accurate sheave and pin size in place an order - no matter who the vendor might be. Is the mast down now?

http://www.zephyrwerks.com/

Loren